Covidiots thread

Page 57 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006

lol, of all the places to do it he does it in a place that does not screw around :)

Almost had a Schadenfreude overload reading his whining over his entirely self inflicted situation.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
As a Christian (and Catholic - the worst kind), I'm just shaking my head:
In a separate tweet, Beasley comes off not only as anti-vaccine but also anti-science: “Everybody is so all in on science now more than I have ever seen. What happen [sic] to God’s will?

Maybe God doesn't want all of us to die from a deadly viral infection. Maybe God gave us the scientific method so that medical doctors had the tools to keep us alive. Maybe...I don't know, just thinking out loud :rolleyes:.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Almost had a Schadenfreude overload reading his whining over his entirely self inflicted situation.

He's truly insufferable, right?

How do you tell a clueless doofus from an arrogant c*nt?

You can't; this guy is both and more.

I feel sorry for his family...maybe they'll dump this selfish jerk.

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
I only care about myself and i honestly don't give a crap about the society and what will benefit them. As someone that was asymptomatic Covid, it makes no sense for me to take the risk of getting vaccinated.

So when you step on an old nail sticking out of a board, make sure to not go get a Tetanus shot. For everyone's sake.

Wouldn't want that flat land to curve under your feet.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Buffalo Bills wide receiver Cole Beasley is definitely a covidiot.

This position doesn't even make sense.

He keeps talking about the vaccine as of it's for protecting others. No dumbass, the vaccine protects you.

Sure, collectively we need to get the vaccination rate high enough to stamp out the virus and slow the variant generation down.

But that's not what the NFL is thinking. Here's a multi million dollar asset, and we can't just let it get injured and possibly lost (for dumb, off the field reasons.)

If he doesn't want to comply with employers rules, then seek different employment.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
This position doesn't even make sense.

He keeps talking about the vaccine as of it's for protecting others. No dumbass, the vaccine protects you.

Not what I read. He seems to be ranting about how it affects him. His Choice even if it kills him, etc...

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Not what I read. He seems to be ranting about how it affects him. His Choice even if it kills him, etc...

I was reading one of his set of posts talking about vaccinated people if they are scared of him to stay away.

Really none of it makes sense

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I was reading one of his set of posts talking about vaccinated people if they are scared of him to stay away.

Brain damage from football can be a subtle thing. I can't imagine how many times he's been smacked in the head.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Brain damage from football can be a subtle thing. I can't imagine how many times he's been smacked in the head.

Maybe it's like in the movies, where one more real hard smack will bring him back to normal?

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006

IIRC he was saying he's not getting vaccinated, and he won't be masking, so staying away from him makes sense, as he would be a potential super spreader.

Also with super Contagious Delta Variant out there, people shouldn't act like being vaccinated makes you completely immune. It greatly reduces your chances of ending up in the hospital, it's not an immunity shield.
https://calgaryherald.com/news/loca...-variant-at-foothills-medical-centre-outbreak
Two patients who tested positive for the COVID-19 Delta variant at the Foothills Medical Centre have died, in what are believed to be the first such deaths in Alberta.

One of the deaths was a patient who had received two doses of COVID-19 vaccine and was fully immunized.

Personally, I would avoid any known Covidiot, anti-masker, anti-vaxxer like the potential plague spreader they are.

Reactions: Meghan54

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
Another Covidiot/Gunidiot (likely a lot of overlap) takes a life:

The customer was identified as Victor Lee Tucker, Jr., 30, of Palmetto, Georgia, according to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. The agency said preliminary information indicates that Tucker got into an argument with the cashier and left the store without making his purchase, but he immediately returned inside.
“Tucker walked directly back to the cashier, pulled out a handgun and shot her,” the Georgia Bureau of Investigation wrote in the news release.

Note, armed security was present. "Good guy with a gun", will be slim consolation to the family of the victim.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
IIRC he was saying he's not getting vaccinated, and he won't be masking, so staying away from him makes sense, as he would be a potential super spreader.

Also with super Contagious Delta Variant out there, people shouldn't act like being vaccinated makes you completely immune. It greatly reduces your chances of ending up in the hospital, it's not an immunity shield.
https://calgaryherald.com/news/loca...-variant-at-foothills-medical-centre-outbreak

Personally, I would avoid any known Covidiot, anti-masker, anti-vaxxer like the potential plague spreader they are.
Delta variant is what got me to finally get my 1st shot. Having previously being infected do not offer much protection against it.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I am not vaccinated and proud of it. I did have Covid earlier without even knowing so I do have some protection against. I got no problem being called Covid idiot as it doesn't bother me. The reality is, each individual should have a right to make the decision for themselves if they will get vaccinated or not.

You're a walking disease bag that represents a threat to humanity. We should establish an island Leper colony for other ignorant dipshits like yourself.

Reactions: Meghan54 and MtnMan

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

The mRNA vaccines have been shown to be very effective, even against this variant.

The cases you are linking to are two 80+ yo patients already in hospital and caught the virus there.

I don't think you can extrapolate much from a pair of frail hospital patients to the general population.

That being said, this is why the NFL as an employer, will want employees vaccinated as not to endanger the business or other coworkers. The fact that the business is sports doesn't make it extraordinary.

Last edited:

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
This one is a 2fer - covidiots AND Floridians.

Six people (5 in the IT department) at the Manatee County, FL Administration Bldg contracted Covid. 5 were hospitalized last week and 2 died. None of the 6 were vaccinated. The only IT member who had close contact with them was vaccinated and did NOT get the virus.

Because it's FL, when they reopened the building yesterday, there were still no requirements to mask up. :rolleyes:

They think it was the Delta variant but don 't have the results on that yet. But 5 out of 6 hospitalized and 2 dead are sobering numbers for anyone who is still on the fence about vaccinating. Throw in that the only close contact who was not affected was vaccinated and if the 2 things together don't convince them, little will.

Last edited:

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

Six people (5 in the IT department) at the Manatee County, FL Administration Bldg contracted Covid. 5 were hospitalized last week and 2 died. None of the 6 were vaccinated. The only IT member who had close contact with them was vaccinated and did NOT get the virus.

Because it's FL, when they reopened the building yesterday, there were still no requirements to mask up. :rolleyes:

They think it was the Delta variant but don 't have the results on that yet. But 5 out of 6 hospitalized and 2 dead are sobering numbers for anyone who is still on the fence about vaccinating. Throw in that the only close contact who was not affected was vaccinated and if the 2 things together don't convince them, little will.

That's one way to climb the corporate ladder.

• Love

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

How come the one IT-guy who _was_ vaccinated was 23, while the two who weren't, and who died, were in their 50s? Does Florida not prioritse vaccinations for older people? Does this mean the older victims had all specifically avoided getting the vaccine?

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
I thought it was illegal to require masks in FL anyway? On the plus side, FL won't take global warming seriously till half the states under water (serious/not serious).

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
How come the one IT-guy who _was_ vaccinated was 23, while the two who weren't, and who died, were in their 50s? Does Florida not prioritse vaccinations for older people? Does this mean the older victims had all specifically avoided getting the vaccine?
The priority in age has been gone for months. Anyone who wants a vaccine has been able to get it for months. At least here up in MD.

I'd suspect it's more the case in FL where many people simply don't want to get them, like those idiot 50 year olds.