Covidiots thread

Page 56 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
View attachment 45631
My view of these trolls' ignorance. If everyone puts these fools on ignore they would just be screaming their hate and ignorance into a void. They thrive on jerking peoples chains, it is their world simply because they don't have anything else.

IMO, weblooker is interesting look into the mind of Anti-Vaxxer up close, rather than a general persistent troll.

The absolute failure of mathematical reasoning that sees a few hundred cases of a complication that might need an anti-inflammatory treatment and thousands of deaths, and concludes the few hundred non fatal cases as the situation that needs to be avoided.

Then the abject selfishness of "only care about myself and i honestly don't give a crap about the society "

Anti-Vaxxer poster child, delusional understanding of risk, combined abject selfishness.

OTOH, there is resident, persistent Troll that dominates P&N, that I really have to wonder why people don't ignore. Within my first week of posting in P&N, I put it on ignore and never personally interacted with again.

The rest of you continuing to fall for the persistent all topic troll is tedious though. The way ignore works, I wouldn't even know it posted if no one else replied to it.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
That's a fully vaccinated ship. Can't imaging going on a cruise that goes anywhere near "no vaccine required" Florida.

I can't believe the cruise lines caved to the Florida "no vaccine" requirements.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
That's a fully vaccinated ship. Can't imaging going on a cruise that goes anywhere near "no vaccine required" Florida.

I can't believe the cruise lines caved to the Florida "no vaccine" requirements.
Since they can't ask to see their vaccination the passengers likely had to be taken for their word

Reactions: zinfamous

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Royal Caribbean has already caved and won't require passengers to be vaccinated.

Alrighty, then. I'm sure a shitpile of anti-vax idiots won't go on a cruise together, will they?

Maybe they will. The first cruise with Americans now has 2 positive passengers. It set out from St Maarten and is owned by Royal Caribbean.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I can respect yours and others opinion on the matter however I am of the opinion that people like them need to be confronted harshly whenever and where ever they are found and told in no uncertain terms exactly what they are. The sad fact of the matter is ignoring the crazy Q cucks, the willful idiots, the gleeful propagandized puppets, the purposeful spreaders of false information, the self entitled asshats, the trump worshipers, is dangerous to our society. 1/6/21 is an example of how dangerous.

If you notice I dont engage in debate or discussion, beyond a few choice words telling them off, as they are proven to be unworthy of any such respect from me.
So how is trying to debate these trolls working out for you?
Let us know when webtroll2021 agrees with your reasoning and get vaccinated.

The fact you bother to be pissed off and respond to their ignorance makes their day. Want to hurt them... ignore them... that is what gets under their skin.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004

You don't suppose that some may have lied about being vaccinated. There are sources for fake immunization cards out there.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
Maybe they will. The first cruise with Americans now has 2 positive passengers. It set out from St Maarten and is owned by Royal Caribbean.

Not from Florida being they specifically banned asking for covid vaccination proof.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Who would have thought this could happen.

Reactions: purbeast0

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
View attachment 45640

sigh, because desantis is a moron
Hot dam! Let the purge begin!

This is probably the best case scenario: unvaccinated asshats get the covid but are stuck aboard a ship passing it to other unvaccinated shitheads. Generally, they can't pass it along to anyone who doesn't deserve to get it in the general populace like a random grocery store. When they get back will either be immune or dead. Win-win.

The only downside are those who are vaccinated but still get it (that 10% in effective crowd) but they will likely have minor symptoms. All in all, it feels like an okay compromise.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Yup going to be a lot of these lawsuits. Again, private company gets to demand terms of employment. And only discrimination is against stupidity. And seeing how dumb these antivaxxers are, they'd actually file suit that stupidity should be a protected class.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Yup going to be a lot of these lawsuits. Again, private company gets to demand terms of employment. And only discrimination is against stupidity. And seeing how dumb these antivaxxers are, they'd actually file suit that stupidity should be a protected class.

supposing they were successful in that endeavor, would that also make intelligent a protected class? :p

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
supposing they were successful in that endeavor, would that also make intelligent a protected class? :p
Lol true. How can a majority (to make it clear to weblooker and the like, I'm lumping his ignorant ass in the moron category) be considered protected class?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

The icing on the moroncake is that the lawsuits are likely coming from corporate cultists.

I'm all for less corporate rights and more people's rights, but it can't stop at vaccinations.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
First round goes to science.
Moron is trying to claim the vaccine is experimental and dangerous.
Go work in another field.

In first federal ruling on vaccine mandates, judge sides with Houston hospital, dismissing claims from staff resisters

I wonder what it's like to discover that your director of corporate risk is a mowron-

The hospital already had made it clear it means what it says: It fired the director of corporate risk – Bob Nevens – and another manager in April when they did not meet the earlier deadline for bosses.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001

Not from Florida being they specifically banned asking for covid vaccination proof.

The first one set to sail from Florida has now been postponed as 8 crew members tested positive for covid.

Mar 11, 2004
I don't feel bad for Florida, they voted in a moron for govn'r. The cruise industry, I feel a bit bad for them.

I don't, its a pretty shitty industry.

First round goes to science.
Moron is trying to claim the vaccine is experimental and dangerous.
Go work in another field.

In first federal ruling on vaccine mandates, judge sides with Houston hospital, dismissing claims from staff resisters

I loved this: The judge disagreed, writing: "This claim is false, and it is also irrelevant."

This adds some wrinkles too, as its a church affiliated hospital, and also

The hospital had made it clear it meant what it said: It fired the director of corporate risk – Bob Nevens – and another manager in April when they did not meet the earlier deadline for bosses.

Which, are these the clowns that started the "they're violating the Nuremberg trial!" shit?

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Saw this on another site. Deaths from CV-19 are approaching the #1 and #2 causes of death annually. Spanish Flu.....here we come!

death_toll_june_2021.jpg