Covidiots thread

Page 55 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Tell me in the next 6 months to 2 years from now, how many more issue with vaccine they will find?
Probably very few as side effects from vaccines tend to manifest themselves in the near term. Good to know, right?

Regardless, approximately 100 additional people had a mild complication, 80% of which required no intervention whatsoever. This absolutely pales in comparison to the death of 10,000 people, nearly all of which would have survived had they been vaccinated.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
Probably very few as side effects from vaccines tend to manifest themselves in the near term. Good to know, right?

Regardless, approximately 100 additional people had a mild complication, 80% of which required no intervention whatsoever. This absolutely pales in comparison to the death of 10,000 people, nearly all of which would have survived had they been vaccinated.
So now we are using probability to justify something that got risk? This is exactly the reason why i am not getting vaccinated as there is always a chances something can go wrong. I rather take risk with the actual virus.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So now we are using probability to justify something that got risk? This is exactly the reason why i am not getting vaccinated as there is always a chances something can go. I rather take risk with the actual virus.
I was noting that in addition to the material benefits to yourself and society for being vaccinated that the probabilities also are strongly in favor of vaccination as the risk of serious complications and/or death are much higher from the virus than the vaccine. Really, getting vaccinated is common sense either way.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
I was noting that in addition to the material benefits to yourself and society for being vaccinated that the probabilities also are strongly in favor of vaccination as the risk of serious complications and/or death are much higher from the virus than the vaccine. Really, getting vaccinated is common sense either way.
I only care about myself and i honestly don't give a crap about the society and what will benefit them. As someone that was asymptomatic Covid, it makes no sense for me to take the risk of getting vaccinated.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Meanwhile, at least around 10,000 people under 30 have died from COVID in the US.

Durrrrr.

Yea, 3 people ended up in the ICU with this, vs. 10k people in that same age group that have died from COVID. That dude is not very good at risk assessment. He's the type to not wear a seat belt because he saw in the news that someone got trapped and burned to death.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I only care about myself and i honestly don't give a crap about the society and what will benefit them. As someone that was asymptomatic Covid, it makes no sense for me to take the risk of getting vaccinated.
Right, we've already established you're a sociopath - what's the point of continuing to discuss it?

That being said, there's evidence emerging that vaccine protection is superior to natural immunity and considering the likelihood of variants spreading back to the US you may be placing yourself at risk of re-infection. To place yourself at risk like that despite such vanishingly small risks from vaccination indicates to me you're not very good at risk assessment as JD50 said.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Wife plays in our city's symphonic band. They had just started having practices again when the drummer who refused to wear a mask or get vaccinated tested positive and they had to shut down again for several weeks. I believe he felt similar to @weblooker2021

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Fuck off dickhead. Do yourself a favor and get the hell out of my society!
I think the only way he can get an erection is to coax strangers into yelling at him on the internet. Anyone who replies to him is basically in a dysfunctional relationship with him. It's the only thing that explains him repeatably beating a dead horse while keeping calm.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
I think the only way he can get an erection is to coax strangers into yelling at him on the internet. Anyone who replies to him is basically in a dysfunctional relationship with him. It's the only thing that explains him repeatably beating a dead horse while keeping calm.
I am following board rules which says
"A forum for more serious discussions of politics and current events. Passions are always high on all sides of these subjects so keep your posts on topic. PERSONAL FLAMES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED."

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020
I am following board rules which says
"A forum for more serious discussions of politics and current events. Passions are always high on all sides of these subjects so keep your posts on topic. PERSONAL FLAMES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED."
Fuck off!

This post of yours, and innumerable other recent posts of yours, are content-less personal vituperation which you engage in far too often. Please take the time off which has been levied against you to reconsider your approach.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
1623381738085.png
My view of these trolls' ignorance. If everyone puts these fools on ignore they would just be screaming their hate and ignorance into a void. They thrive on jerking peoples chains, it is their world simply because they don't have anything else.

I will be happy to share my list with any interested.

Reactions: esquared

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
View attachment 45631
My view of these trolls' ignorance. If everyone puts these fools on ignore they would just be screaming their hate and ignorance into a void. They thrive on jerking peoples chains, it is their world simply because they don't have anything else.

I will be happy to share my list with any interested.
Your list is probably similar to mine

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020
fuck him off, it's easy, just put him on ignore.
I can respect yours and others opinion on the matter however I am of the opinion that people like them need to be confronted harshly whenever and where ever they are found and told in no uncertain terms exactly what they are. The sad fact of the matter is ignoring the crazy Q cucks, the willful idiots, the gleeful propagandized puppets, the purposeful spreaders of false information, the self entitled asshats, the trump worshipers, is dangerous to our society. 1/6/21 is an example of how dangerous.

If you notice I dont engage in debate or discussion, beyond a few choice words telling them off, as they are proven to be unworthy of any such respect from me.