Covidiots thread

Page 54 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
I'm kind of worried about some political consequences if illness and deaths from the virus go down to zero or near zero in 12 to 15 months or so even if most people don't wear masks and less than 50% or 60% of the US gets vaccinated. The conservatives will say the Republicans are the heroes for the vaccine production in 2020.

And they'll even try to say conservatives saved our lives because of that. They may use it as a campaign tool in the 2024 election and unfortunately it may work to get a Republican to win. Or even sooner to turn the Congress in 2022. Don't know if this was mentioned earlier, didn't read all of the last few pages.

I don't think you'll have to worry, I had been waiting to see what my work was gonna do. They had a survey asking all employees if they offered a vaccine when available would we accept it. Headquarters is in NY. I'm in Kentuckystan.

Well my whole family where we live, on 40 acres, had gotten it. My wife had been telling me to stop and get it. (I kept forgetting)
Back to my work, well they are all pretty big R's and we have young guys, getting their info from the supervisor that runs Fox daily on the tv at the office. Well the 19 year old kid, tested positive this past week.

I got my first moderna last Wednesday, they asked left or right arm? Me not paying attention that I carry a yellow fiberglass 28 foot ladder on my right side, got it on that side.

June 30th will be left arm.

Point is, out of the about 15 people from my local office/warehouse, I think I am the only one that has gotten it.

Reactions: esquared

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Out $1.7 million for not vaccinating (and hanging out with others not vaccinated...)

Yeah that's just plain stupidity.
Some people learn the hard way. Or not. He wasn't guaranteed the win but he certainly was out some big money.
Six shots leads have been lost before but he was in position for the win.

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
congrats on getting started and a weak high 5 for another working guy.
My father in law, out of nowhere ended up having to have a quinteple? 5 bypass heart surgery, and he got vaccinated a few months later, when it was available to them, they went to Lexington to get it. He's doing good, back on his lawnmower, not quite back to 100% probably will never be, I think he's like 75?
He's been fine and that's proof enough for me. I had just been too busy and forgetful. But I'm glad I got Moderna, that snafu with J&J made me nervous.
I'm 48 I'm pretty sure lol. But also have been one of the essential workers. So never had a day off from this pandemic.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Out $1.7 million for not vaccinating (and hanging out with others not vaccinated...)

i saw this reported on CNN earlier and they didn't even mention the vaccine aspect in their coverage, but it crossed my mind. every American has had the opportunity to get vaccinated. unless you are immunocompromised or have another valid excuse for not getting vaccinated, i really don't care what your loss is at this point.

ftr, i helped out a friend today who has no plans on getting vaccinated and there's nothing i can say to change that.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Some people learn the hard way. Or not. He wasn't guaranteed the win but he certainly was out some big money.
Lost all respect for him, if he purposely did not get the vaccine. Especially, in his business. Risks his families health. And oh yea, probably lost a lot of money. Dumb ass!

I missed the beginning of the final round. I'm like, where the fuck is Rahm, and why isn't he on the list? For at least an hour. I had to go to the internet to find out WTF! Seems like they weren't to interested in advertising the fact.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
That's because it's some shameful backward behavior. Maybe if we don't talk about this it'll go away that was their thinking. Probably lost a lot of money? I couldn't see it an ending where he wasn't in the top three spots and there's money there. Sure some golfers have meltdowns but you don't end up number two by having very many.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
I am not vaccinated and proud of it. I did have Covid earlier without even knowing so I do have some protection against. I got no problem being called Covid idiot as it doesn't bother me. The reality is, each individual should have a right to make the decision for themselves if they will get vaccinated or not.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
I am not vaccinated and proud of it. I did have Covid earlier without even knowing so I do have some protection against. I got no problem being called Covid idiot as it doesn't bother me. The reality is, each individual should have a right to make the decision for themselves if they will get vaccinated or not.

Unfortunately, this is not the least bit surprising. The US has an epidemic of Freedumb pride.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
He was in the zone. Dumb ass.

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
Perhaps we can establish some sort of colony for the ant-vax crowd? Or have them wear masks forever. Since your actions affect others, you should be properly isolated from society. Your freedom from restrictions do not override my freedom from getting sick.

We have laws against drinking and driving, smoking in public spaces, etc. because those actions affect others around you in negative ways. Part of being in society is not being a self-centered douche bag. Give it a shot, you may find that people like you better when you are not a fuckstick.

Mar 11, 2004
Ron Ron Ron......

So they add a $5000 "service fee" where you get a discount for providing a vaccine card.

Perhaps we can establish some sort of colony for the ant-vax crowd? Or have them wear masks forever. Since your actions affect others, you should be properly isolated from society. Your freedom from restrictions do not override my freedom from getting sick.

We have laws against drinking and driving, smoking in public spaces, etc. because those actions affect others around you in negative ways. Part of being in society is not being a self-centered douche bag. Give it a shot, you may find that people like you better when you are not a fuckstick.

I say make them wear diapers as you know they're the same people that go in and shit all over public bathrooms.

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
Ron Ron Ron......
Well, if they can't mandate vaccination status, they should split their cruise bookings - with vaccinated cruises for those that choose to provide proof of vaccination, and the "DeSantis Plague Express" cruises for those that don't. Although the crew for the latter should at least get double hazard pay or get replaced by robots...

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Ron Ron Ron......

I don't need to know how it works to recognize that flooding the zone apparently works great for DeSantis. Or at least he seems to think so. I don't think there will be a lot of cruising out of Florida, simply because cruise lines & their insurance carriers won't violate CDC guidelines. The potential downsides are way too ugly. Cruisers themselves would probably be more likely to do so believing that everybody onboard is vaccinated. Or maybe DeSantis is just putting the squeeze on the cruise lines & pandering to his base at the same time.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Reactions: weblooker2021

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
One going to jail:

From the article:

"Brandenburg is an admitted conspiracy theorist who believes he is a prophet and vaccines are a product of the devil. He also professed a belief that the Earth is flat and the 9/11 terrorist attacks were faked.

Brandenburg also secretly substituted saline for flu vaccine that he was mandated to receive and persuaded several co-workers to secretly swap saline for their flu vaccine as well, according to court filings.

WTF?
o_O

• Wow

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
Well, if they can't mandate vaccination status, they should split their cruise bookings - with vaccinated cruises for those that choose to provide proof of vaccination, and the "DeSantis Plague Express" cruises for those that don't. Although the crew for the latter should at least get double hazard pay or get replaced by robots...

as long as it has these 2 robots. But kryten has to have is Groinal attachmentsD619CEEE-6C64-4711-BC0B-E4DD04B13281.jpeg