Covidiots thread

Page 53 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
It's normalized to per capita. MA is also a lot denser.

You are right tho. If I cropped to just Nov-now, you couldn't tell.

NJ has been more restrictive, but one of the highest per capita death rates (#1?).

Compare a lot of Trumpy states to strong blue states... Not huge differences in data.

AL even. Horrible vax rollout even, but low rates. We'll see this summer if they pay, but another data point to say that the mask lifting is not too much to worry about at this time with lots of immunity and low rates.

I still use: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

You're also discussing deaths per 100k pop, where if you sort total cases per 100k pop, the difference is more noticeably not in a red state favor. The site is in per/1M pop tho.

Deaths were a big part of the scare in the north east spring '20, NJ included.

Most red states had fair warning. Imagine how good they could've actually done of they weren't so eager for those liberal tears and passing the capitalist death cult purity test.

Last edited:

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Are you taking population density into consideration?

I think there are a lot of factors to consider (climate, variants, local masking behavior, immunity level) but I haven't seen anything to date proving that density is a meaningful factor.

It's been brought up as a defense by the NJ gov for example, I just don't know that it's true.

If you do go and overlap a bunch of different states, the 3rd wave trend is pretty constant for a lot of states when you measure per capita, and by outcome (eg deaths.) Looking at a number of countries across the world, I haven't seen a strong correlation to density and transmission either, but lots of factors to consider.

I was expecting different, but it really didn't turn out so for the winter season.

I'm looking forward to future thorough analysis.

For now, it seems more like just a matter of timing, but rona was coming either way.

Last edited:

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Can you imagine what here bond would be if she had used a lethal weapon...

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Someone explain the difference between yelling “no vaccine!” while driving through crowds vs. “Allahu Akbar!” driving through crowds.

"No Vaccine" is the cry of freedom fighters

"Allahu Akbar" can only be the cry of terrorists.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Love
Reactions: DarthKyrie

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Oh well.

From the link:
"Denver Sheriff Elisa Diggins announced that Trujillo's passing would be considered a "line of duty" death on Thursday evening, The Denver Channel reported."
More like a "Line of Stupidity" death.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Someone I work near said " everybody who got a vaccine would be dead in 10 years ", and then proceeded to take a vacation in Mexico.
I wonder where the "dead in 10 years" line comes from?
I wonder if he can get a negative test to fly back home?

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
Another Canadian story and again it's Manitoba, which is part of the Canada's deep south equivalent (the Prairies). Here Doctors are treating Covid patients who on their deathbeds from Covid-19 are still in denial that Covid-19 exists...

"They say, you know, it's a hoax," he said. "We hear this all the time."

Abbu has personally experienced patients who, even nearing death, remained in denial and continued to assert untruths about the pandemic.

"I've had two patients who have died and even right until the time that they died, they didn't believe that they had it," Abbu said.

"It's not as though we are trying to get the patient to acknowledge that they have COVID before they die. These patients are so much in denial, they are volunteering this information."

Abbu said one patient who didn't believe they had COVID-19 went home and later died. The family of another patient who died didn't believe it was due to COVID-19 and asked if they could have an autopsy to confirm, he said.