Covidiots thread

Page 51 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
So Alaska state republican rep Lora Reinbold has been making trouble for Alaska Airlines. Every time she gets on a flight, she refuses to wear a mask, and calls them "masks bullies." So they banned her. She evidently lives in Anchorage and now she has to take a 14 hour ride to get to the state capital in Juneau, travelling though part of Canada and taking a ferry for the last leg.

Moron.
I loved the Alaska Airlines masking commercial, straight and to the point. No mask, no fly, said quite nicely. That's where my miles go.

Alaska Airlines TV Commercial, 'Alaska Safety Dance' - Bing video

Last edited:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I would go one farther...

Canada needs to tell her Sorry Covid restristions in place and this is non essential travel you need to fly.
Not 100% sure but I think only flights from Asia to Anchorage could possibly not cross Canadian Airspace.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
LOL that their sign says "The Brain School." They should get a refund since the painter left off the "less".

At least a few parents are questioning the policy, according to this article:

Hopefully the school suffers a decline in enrollment. Centner said in the letter to parents that the school “cannot allow recently vaccinated people near students.” That’s interesting, as some parents have already been vaccinated and presumably spend quite a bit of time around their kids and quite possibly their classmates.

Lol ... How’d you like to be a science teacher at this place? Actually ... I'm pretty sure science is not part of the ‘happiness’ curriculum.

I have a feeling that Matt Gaetz is going to want to get down there pronto, and look into this situation further.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
If you read up a bit about the couple who founded this school in Miami, they are entrepreneurs above all else. I think with some districts not permitting children to come to school unless they are vaccinated, they probably spotted an opening in the market for a school or schools that specialized in taking unvaccinated children. Their website even has a section on how to choose removalists to move to South Florida to be near to the school. They are pretty clearly going after the anti-vax market as a business ploy.

Whether this fits in with their actual beliefs or is purely a business move is up for debate - But, not much debate They are quite the couple - this image probably tells you much:

credit-Nick-Garcia-1-459x688.jpg

Usually, stripper poles are silver and narrower. Or is that a protective/decorative velour cover. Makes sense; you wouldn’t want the Roomba to bump into it and scratch it.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Private school in Miami warns staff not to get the Covid 19 vaccine

More at the link, but this shit is classic:

&

Lol ... A veritable bastion of science!

So, the school sent forms to all staff for them to fill out, to declare their vax status and/or intentions, with threatening language should they lie.

So, if I get vaccinated, I have two choices:
  1. Tell the truth, and immediately get fired.
or
  1. Lie about it, and keep my job until I am discovered.
What to do, what to do…

This just sounds like a purity test to make sure everybody is dinking the kool-aid. If you’re not drinking the kool-aid, you might want to find a job at a real school.

The Trump Indoctrination Center. Those poor kids. For all the reasons.

I wonder if you can file child abuse, endangerment, kidnapping charges against staff and parents involved in this school? Maybe as a public, class action?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

rogan is so terrified of looking unmanly you'd think he's over compensating for something

Joe Rogan: the meatheads' idea of what a smart person is
Trump: A poor person's idea of what a rich person is
That Jordan whatever dude and that other guy who's name escapes me right now: An illiterate conservative's idea of what smart people sound like.

All of these clowns are universally worshipped by the exact same people.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I mean...I don't even understand the logic behind this, how are these two issues related? ...It is from the Intercept, so is it more Greenwald sociopathy or is it real? lol. I can't tell sometimes.
Greenwald left the intercept after he had a hissy fit at an editor for doing their job

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

rogan is so terrified of looking unmanly you'd think he's over compensating for something
"How are people still arguing the same debunked shit a year later?", I initially wondered. But then I remembered that same is true for most 'hot topics': People just carry on parroting stupid, easily defeated arguments, and they'd realise that if they were actually interested in adjusting the position according to the available facts/evidence.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
If you read up a bit about the couple who founded this school in Miami, they are entrepreneurs above all else. I think with some districts not permitting children to come to school unless they are vaccinated, they probably spotted an opening in the market for a school or schools that specialized in taking unvaccinated children. Their website even has a section on how to choose removalists to move to South Florida to be near to the school. They are pretty clearly going after the anti-vax market as a business ploy.

Whether this fits in with their actual beliefs or is purely a business move is up for debate - But, not much debate They are quite the couple - this image probably tells you much:

View attachment 43732

Usually, stripper poles are silver and narrower. Or is that a protective/decorative velour cover. Makes sense; you wouldn’t want the Roomba to bump into it and scratch it.

Is the lady in blue the vice principle or principle?