Covidiots thread

Page 21 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Reactions: DarthKyrie

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Curious- but not _hugely_ surprising, I guess - that Madonna is apparently peddling the same nonsense as Trump. I doubt they are on the same (crazy) page on many other topics. Clearly idiocy is not entirely a partisan political thing.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Curious- but not _hugely_ surprising, I guess - that Madonna is apparently peddling the same nonsense as Trump. I doubt they are on the same (crazy) page on many other topics. Clearly idiocy is not entirely a partisan political thing.

Aged Pop Diva seeks attention? But of course.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014

another one having a fit because of masks

Just think, if you wear a mask you too could avoid “... 22 counts including attempted homicide, aggravated assault and robbery..”

Amazing the lengths people will go through. The best part of this article is when his lawyer says, ““He just wasn’t dealing well with the loss of his job, the loss of his child, just not handling the pandemic well,” John Waldron told the Express-Times on Sunday, while noting those factors didn’t justify his violent conduct. “I think he was getting stretched too tight.”” Looks like his lawyer is really Mr. Obvious.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Woman charged with assault after mask dispute at Staples leaves customer with broken leg

More covidiots who turn violent when asked to do a simple thing like wear a mask.
Hope she serves time in jail. Lady who had her leg broken apparently had a liver transplant just 4 months back.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Woman charged with assault after mask dispute at Staples leaves customer with broken leg

More covidiots who turn violent when asked to do a simple thing like wear a mask.
Hope she serves time in jail. Lady who had her leg broken apparently had a liver transplant just 4 months back.

I think they should have to do covid-related community service, maybe imbue them with a bit of empathy in the process.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
I live in a tiny town in North Dakota with one grocery store. Aside from the people who work there, no one wears a mask. We've recently had a couple new cases of covid-19 in town. 155,000 Americans dead but, they can't bother to wear masks because reasons... Fvck these Damn ignorant selfish assholes.

Last edited:

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

floriduh man strikes again

US Government issues New Zealand travel warning due to its '23 active cases'

lmfao

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999

lmfao
One would think that NZ article would fact check.

“Last Update: Reissued with updates to COVID-19 information.”

And this was a blanket update to dozens of countries made yesterday. Not like they raised the alert level on Kiwis

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
One would think that NZ article would fact check.

“Last Update: Reissued with updates to COVID-19 information.”

And this was a blanket update to dozens of countries made yesterday. Not like they raised the alert level on Kiwis
not like the kiwi's would let american in unless they are dual citizens right now anyways....

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
We were going to New Zealand in December, but our flights were cancelled many weeks ago already. Highly doubtful we'd even get in even with a quarantine. I don't blame them.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Speaking of white trash...

A Republican in the deep north of Michigan has some ideas about the reasons behind mask-wearing:

“Well, this whole thing is because of them n-----s in Detroit,” Tom Eckerle, who was elected to his position on the Leelanau County Road Commission in 2018, told his colleague at the start of the public meeting.

[snip]

The racist remark spurred widespread condemnation of Eckerle, who is a Republican, and calls to resign from party officials. Despite the backlash, Eckerle doubled down on his comments Thursday, defending his position and using the slur repeatedly in an interview with the local public radio station.

“I don’t regret calling it a n----r,” Eckerle told Interlochen Public Radio. “A n----r is a n----r is a n----r. That’s not a person whatsoever.”

He can’t be fired directly by the county because he’s an elected official. The county could ask the Governor of Michigan to remove him, or the voters could petition to have him recalled.

I hope that they don’t ask the Governor to remove him. I think that the people of his county should take the required measures to recall him, and if they don’t, then that will tell the world something about who they are.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Speaking of white trash...

A Republican in the deep north of Michigan has some ideas about the reasons behind mask-wearing:

He can’t be fired directly by the county because he’s an elected official. The county could ask the Governor of Michigan to remove him, or the voters could petition to have him recalled.

I hope that they don’t ask the Governor to remove him. I think that the people of his county should take the required measures to recall him, and if they don’t, then that will tell the world something about who they are.

A former coworker was from a little town in upstate Michigan. He described it as Alabama with snow...

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

floriduh man strikes again

lmfao

Just another very fine person.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008