Covidiots thread

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
What's the problem here?

SF Gate: California woman allegedly pees on floor of Verizon store after being asked to wear a mask.

Was watching the video on the bottom. The delusion and ego that these people have, lol. My family know how I feel, blah blah. No one gives a F*K about you or your family. Put on the mask and everything will be fine. You're just a simple organism like all of us. You might think you matter, but in reality you don't matter. jeeze...

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Was watching the video on the bottom. The delusion and ego that these people have, lol. My family know how I feel, blah blah. No one gives a F*K about you or your family. Put on the mask and everything will be fine. You're just a simple organism like all of us. You might think you matter, but in reality you don't matter. jeeze...

The topic of ego is quite interesting. I'm sure @Moonbeam and @interchange are well versed in it.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Some folks think too much of themselves such that for some strange reason, their rights supersede everyone else's, especially when their president, of whom they look up to with all the reverence of being the right hand man of God, tells them "Don't wear masks because it will help me get reelected".

So now we have a mess of folks charged by their omnipotent tyrant in the White House to defy any and all directives by their local authorities who are working against him and his goal of becoming like his role model over there at the Kremlin.

This is what we have to work with, a president whose only purpose at the moment is to hang on to his job no matter what it takes, no matter who dies, no matter how many have to die.

But wait! All of a sudden Trump realizes that it's now better off for him and his chances of keeping himself in power to have people wear masks in public and has said so nationwide. So what of his followers who were previously ordered to do just the opposite?

Good luck Trumpies, enjoy the ride.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi
Feb 4, 2009
Yeah it'd be nice if they'd limit the amount of people in store to allow for proper social distancing, but I can only imagine what'd happen then.

I should've elaborated on my earlier response, my point being play completely dumb. Then when they tell you about asthma then freak out and be like "what are you guys even doing outside of your house?!? That sounds very dangerous you shouldn't even be risking your health like that during a pandemic of a deadly respiratory virus!" Then go up to the door greeter and say "what are you doing to stop the spread of asthma? These two over here have it and I don't wanna catch it!" Give the greeter a wink and a smirk that the other two can't see. Or start shouting "I think we need a doctor we have two people with asthma who say they're having a hard time breathing!"

yeah another would be “you are high risk, give me a list and I’ll send a shopper for you. Bring your car up front and wait for drop off”

walmart & target near me have a sign up saying please limit to one person per household and a phone number high risk people can call to have shit brought to them.

Feb 4, 2009
Some folks think too much of themselves such that for some strange reason, their rights supersede everyone else's, especially when their president, of whom they look up to with all the reverence of being the right hand man of God, tells them "Don't wear masks because it will help me get reelected".

So now we have a mess of folks charged by their omnipotent tyrant in the White House to defy any and all directives by their local authorities who are working against him and his goal of becoming like his role model over there at the Kremlin.

This is what we have to work with, a president whose only purpose at the moment is to hang on to his job no matter what it takes, no matter who dies, no matter how many have to die.

But wait! All of a sudden Trump realizes that it's now better off for him and his chances of keeping himself in power to have people wear masks in public and has said so nationwide. So what of his followers who were previously ordered to do just the opposite?

Good luck Trumpies, enjoy the ride.

yeah I think of the no maskers as someone during WW2 who would refuse to turn their lights out during WW2 lights out time.
**yes there were lights out periods for people who lived on the coast in the US during WW2.

Reactions: tweaker2

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The topic of ego is quite interesting. I'm sure @Moonbeam and @interchange are well versed in it.
Allow me to riff on a way to read your comment you may not have intended and apply it tentatively, only to myself, and then, if you agree, perhaps to any who have such awareness:

Yes, I am well versed on the subject of ego because, for reasons about which here I think irrelevant to speculate, I had the massive arrogance of ego to wish not to have one, and in the process of trying to rid myself of it became rather well acquainted with all manner of ways to conceal it from that piteously tortured pursuit.

In short I know, or may just be egotistically affirming, that I know a lot about egotism because I have lots of experience with a bad case of it.

So my sense of it is that anyone can know all there is to know about the ego if they know themselves, and the more that you know the less satisfied you will be having one. And the less satisfied you become the more aware you will be that it is ego itself that is the source of that feeling of need.

Catch 22: The ego is a prison created by and composed of an invisible need to be other than what we are, a self that persists in imagination only and only plays tricks on itself. There is no exit but the one in the direction we least want to look.

So, ch33zw1z, thank you for the complement I think you actually intended for me and another, but know that as far as I an concerned, your complement could only arise from a person with a similar urge to be free of the falseness and destructiveness of the self I call narcissistic ego. You could not do that without yourself knowing something about ego.

• Love
Reactions: ch33zw1z

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
yeah I think of the no maskers as someone during WW2 who would refuse to turn their lights out during WW2 lights out time.
**yes there were lights out periods for people who lived on the coast in the US during WW2.

I do recall reading about that and seeing that in war documentaries on TV. As a kid I can remember those wailing sirens every night signaling an 8 PM curfew and having to stand with hand over heart in the movie theaters while the national anthem was playing before the movies started. In both instances I'd see folks either violating the curfew and/or not standing when everyone else was.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Allow me to riff on a way to read your comment you may not have intended and apply it tentatively, only to myself, and then, if you agree, perhaps to any who have such awareness:

Yes, I am well versed on the subject of ego because, for reasons about which here I think irrelevant to speculate, I had the massive arrogance of ego to wish not to have one, and in the process of trying to rid myself of it became rather well acquainted with all manner of ways to conceal it from that piteously tortured pursuit.

In short I know, or may just be egotistically affirming, that I know a lot about egotism because I have lots of experience with a bad case of it.

So my sense of it is that anyone can know all there is to know about the ego if they know themselves, and the more that you know the less satisfied you will be having one. And the less satisfied you become the more aware you will be that it is ego itself that is the source of that feeling of need.

Catch 22: The ego is a prison created by and composed of an invisible need to be other than what we are, a self that persists in imagination only and only plays tricks on itself. There is no exit but the one in the direction we least want to look.

So, ch33zw1z, thank you for the complement I think you actually intended for me and another, but know that as far as I an concerned, your complement could only arise from a person with a similar urge to be free of the falseness and destructiveness of the self I call narcissistic ego. You could not do that without yourself knowing something about ego.

Indeed, it was a compliment to you and interchange for providing insight into the world of the psyche. The rest of your post, dead on for me.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
C3miepE.jpg

protesting the mask policy?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Neighbors had a huge graduation party last night. 0 masks, 0 social distancing

Look for another spike in Michigan in a few weeks as more people are having grad parties now.

Mar 11, 2004
I present Retarded Agents from a different angle.

View attachment 26805

I'd say that real Nazis would've gassed them for their inability to make non crooked Swastikas.

Honestly though, I'd likely ignore them because giving them attention is what they want. I might offer a glib "thanks for wearing a mask" while I walk by not even looking at them and ignoring anything they say.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I figure it should be legal to hit 'em with bear spray & drag them out. Piece of cake.

• Love
Reactions: MtnMan

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
LOL. I loved the people saying "bye Karen" in the background multiple times.

"I'm not doing anything wrong! I'm not doing anything wrong! I'm just not wearing a mask!"

Yeah no shit, that is EXACTLY what you are doing wrong you idiot.

Why did this lady think this was a good idea to post? Can you imagine the company she carries that she showed this to that she thought would like this video so she posted it for them to see? And now it's out and she keeps claiming how that store's business will be done. More like that woman's life is going to be done lol. Good luck coming back from that outburst.

• Haha