Covidiots thread

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Yikes.

Looks positively American, yeah get a handle on that mayor. I see a lot of younger and middle age folks there putting sun exposure and conversation above family members/friends staying alive. You guys are supposed to be ambassadors of politeness, wtf canuck

Hey- they can fuck up & be polite about it, right?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Poxy gadabouts

uNHicYQ.jpg

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
And it’s begun. That huge Missouri pool party, the first person has tested positive. Wonder what the final total will be?

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
just came across this photo from Wednesday's scrubbed Space-X launch...

7ae38e24-8895-47d8-9572-29ac26723395-SpaceX_Scrubbed_Spectators_on_Wednesday_1_.jpg
I live here , welcome to Brevard county. No one gives two shits around here about covid; this is a deep red place. We have remarkably low infection and death stats from it here. I do not know how that is possible.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I live here , welcome to Brevard county. No one gives two shits around here about covid; this is a deep red place. We have remarkably low infection and death stats from it here. I do not know how that is possible.

Pure luck.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Or lack of testing.

Testing doesn't change how many people show up at the hospital. They pretty much get tested when they have the right set of symptoms. Covid-19 DGAF. It's a mindless thing that spreads randomly & opportunistically, eventually filling in all the gaps if allowed. It won't stop until herd immunity is achieved, either by infection & recovery, by immunization or a combination of the two.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Testing doesn't change how many people show up at the hospital. They pretty much get tested when they have the right set of symptoms. Covid-19 DGAF. It's a mindless thing that spreads randomly & opportunistically, eventually filling in all the gaps if allowed. It won't stop until herd immunity is achieved, either by infection & recovery, by immunization or a combination of the two.
Sure it does.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Or a cover up.

I think there are a lot more honest players in this than otherwise. The dishonest ones can't do much more than nibble at the numbers. The excess deaths number trips them up every time.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
You need to explain that one.
Testing provides for improved triage which can affect both in and outpatient management of Covid-19. Can effectively keep people out of the hospital with good early identification and risk stratification. Just one example, but there are others.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Testing provides for improved triage which can affect both in and outpatient management of Covid-19. Can effectively keep people out of the hospital with good early identification and risk stratification. Just one example, but there are others.

I get that. It's not the reality of the situation in this country & likely never will be. When people get sick enough, they'll generally go to the hospital & be tested. That's the same most everywhere across the country. It's quite difficult to fudge that number & impossible to cover up excess deaths.

It's not like this is China, anyway, where 9M people in Wuhan lined up to get swabbed in 10 days. The commitment to public health by the people & their leadership is truly amazing. Meanwhile in Merricuh, the Covidiots imagine that it's a plot to put Bill Gates' nanobots into their throats on the swab... That's why deep state libruhls made up this hoax in the first place, isn't it? And to stop Trump rallies, obviously, the dirty lyin' bastards.

Decades of relentless GOP misinformation & lies have mindfucked a substantial number of Americans in a profound way. Vlad's boys try to fill in the gaps.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
The cities currently experiencing protests will be lucky if the last few days does not result in outbreak clusters.

I'm curious if people here are going to call out these protestors as "covidiots", considering that they just happen to (statistically) vote the same as they do.

It's easier to hate on people who aren't following the CDC social distancing guidelines when it's just a bunch of Christian conservative white guys who just want go to church, isn't it?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I'm curious if people here are going to call out these protestors as "covidiots", considering that they just happen to (statistically) vote the same as they do.

It's easier to hate on people who aren't following the CDC social distancing guidelines when it's just a bunch of Christian conservative white guys who just want go to church, isn't it?
I hate on everyone not following the guidelines. Fuck their self entitlement.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

Hmm, protesting police brutality vs protesting because they want to go to church. You think these reasons are similar?

Since I don't live in America, they don't vote the same way as I do.

Personally I think that while no-one ideally should be protesting anything right now, ideally some racist POS policeman who should have been fired long ago shouldn't have knelt on a guy's neck and killed him. I feel a lot less inclination to condemn protesting police brutality or say food shortages than some douche who thinks that the virus is a hoax, wants to go to church, get a haircut or go to a bar.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

I don’t know about you but it looked like most people protesting were also wearing masks.

Maybe you’d respect the protestors more if they wore knock off camo gear and carried weapons. Hell, maybe the police would respect them more.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Hmm, protesting police brutality vs protesting because they want to go to church. You think these reasons are similar?

They both fall under "freedom of assembly" as far as our laws are concerned. If you're treating them differently just because you agree with what these particular protestors are doing, then you're just re-enforcing a double standard.

Reactions: Atreus21 and sao123

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
They both fall under "freedom of assembly" as far as our laws are concerned. If you're treating them differently just because you agree with what these particular protestors are doing, then you're just re-enforcing a double standard.

So if you want to play the game of boil everything down into meaninglessness, then just say that anyone leaving their house for any reason whatsoever is a covidiot.

We take a risk every time we leave the house, get groceries, we take a chance on encountering other people, handle stuff handled by other people recently, etc. People do jobs that most people consider essential during the pandemic, even though it means close contact with other people. IMO there are better reasons and worse reasons for doing so. Evidently you don't.

• Love
Reactions: Pohemi

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
So if you want to play the game of boil everything down into meaninglessness, then just say that anyone leaving their house for any reason whatsoever is a covidiot.

We take a risk every time we leave the house, get groceries, we take a chance on encountering other people, handle stuff handled by other people recently, etc. People do jobs that most people consider essential during the pandemic, even though it means close contact with other people. IMO there are better reasons and worse reasons for doing so. Evidently you don't.
False equivalencies, counter sloganeering, accusing others of whatever you are doing wrong, is all part of the agitprop.

Reactions: soundforbjt