Couple of X-QPACK questions...

Staz

Jan 27, 2000
Will an SI-120 and an XP-90 fit into a X-QPACK?. If not, which HSF combo's are people using with their X-QPACKs?

Also, which PSU's are people usually getting to replace the junky one that comes with it? Any good budget ones work well?

Zepper

Elite Member
May 1, 2001
You can get the Ultra MicroFly that is basically the same but an inch or so deeper and you can get it w/o PSU. I normally won't recommend Ultra products, but this time they have it more right than the other variants, so I hold my nose... I think people have said the 90mm radial HSFs will fit but not the 120s. Perhaps someone with specific knowledge will chime in. IAC the Arctic Cooling Freezer is on sale at Provantage.com - works as well as most and kills on price - no problem fitting that.

.bh.

A Tree

Aug 1, 2006
I've got an X-QPACK, and I use a Zalman 7700. The SI-120 and XP-90 are both too tall to fit.

Zepper

Elite Member
May 1, 2001
This place has a MicroFly model on sale for $55. + shipping.

Linkage!

Ought to be a very good deal for those in the northeast/north central states area as they are in IL and the thing only weighs 10 pounds.

Just did a quick froogle and found that Provantage is carrying them too and they run around $62. - $74 shipped to whiere I am in upstate NY. Useful for comparison. Or I could get it for a few cents less than that from TigerDirect which Ultra belongs to.

So unless the linked site charges outrageous shipping (not bad at $15. for UPS ground), they should be able to beat all others, but you have to go to one of the others if you want Blue instead of Black.

.bh.