Couple denied entry to America for anti-American tweet inc. Family Guy reference

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Meanwhile 11 million illegals roam free.

I really do think the government hates America and wants to rebuild it with something new. We harass and kick out honest people (dumb as they may be) while providing criminals the best services in the world.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
I was thinking that if the DHS keeps this up, American businesses should sue them for loss of earnings.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008

I really do think the government hates America and wants to rebuild it with something new. We harass and kick out honest people (dumb as they may be) while providing criminals the best services in the world.

agreed, broken system and worthless blood sucking leeches of the politicians...

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004
Big, dumb, mindless bureaucracy full of little napoleons. Meanwhile, foreign tourism to the USA drops heavily in the last 10 years, mostly due to Homeland Security BS, costing many billions of dollars.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Maybe they can tweet how they plan on killing UK citizens of digging up graves in England and see if that works out for them? If they want to be idiots and make stupid threats on the Internet that is their problem.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000

Obviously should've just hoped the fence.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
<facepalm>

This is what happens when you let government officials run wild. Agh, the stupidity is just unbelievable.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Maybe they can tweet how they plan on killing UK citizens of digging up graves in England and see if that works out for them? If they want to be idiots and make stupid threats on the Internet that is their problem.

In your world, when someone says they're planning to "get trashed" at a party that night, does it mean they plan to put themselves into a trashcan, get picked up and dumped at a landfill? Not to mention, the whole quote from family guy thing...... Government stupidity FTL.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007

uh, didn't sound like their intentions were bad. UK folks speak differently than normal people. what if they said they were going to smoke a i love you? doesn't mean kill a homo, rather lighting up a cigarrette

IBMer

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2000

Look up "idiom".

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001

I'd rather allow some illegals in than stereotypical British tourists. British tourists are consistently rated as the world's worst tourists. They are notorious for drunken and violent behavior. It's a big issue in tourist locations. For example, there have been protests on Greek islands against allowing British tourists in due to their destructive behavior while on vacation.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's more to the story.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

i agree. to many holes. why would they be fallowing his tweets? who is the guy that they would care?

Also they said the TSA was looking for spades shovels. WTF? they can't be that idiotic.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Must protect Marilyn Monroe's grave at all costs. This is a serious national security threat folks!

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
They searched the bag looking for shovels?

Yeah. I am sure that two men coming over to dig up Marilyn Monroe would bring their own shovels over from Britain.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
I'd rather allow some illegals in than stereotypical British tourists. British tourists are consistently rated as the world's worst tourists. They are notorious for drunken and violent behavior. It's a big issue in tourist locations. For example, there have been protests on Greek islands against allowing British tourists in due to their destructive behavior while on vacation.

didnt Italy ban British fans from the world cup? there was a huge problem of brit hooligans going around fucking-up a lot people and totally destroying bars/pubs.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Big, dumb, mindless bureaucracy full of little napoleons. Meanwhile, foreign tourism to the USA drops heavily in the last 10 years, mostly due to Homeland Security BS, costing many billions of dollars.

But the terrorists lost! Our leaders tell us so. :colbert:

Aug 14, 2001

Absolutely. I wouldn't be surprised if these people were drunken hooligans who did a lot of destructive things. I am sure that there's a lot more to the story, we're just getting their side and nothing else.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
I think they should be denied entrance based solely upon admission by way of reference of watching The Family Guy.

Big, dumb, mindless bureaucracy full of little napoleons.
From my experience with Immigration and in-law's experience, this is probably closest to the truth. Immigration seems to be very arbitrary in how they decide to let some people in and not others. Having been interviewed a couple of times by immigration, I can say that the ones interviewing seemed to like to try to make you squirm a bit. I have noticed this same trend in other countries as well, so it is not just the US.

I think it really comes down to the individual reviewing the case and how they are feeling if they are one of those insecure or bitter-ish power-sensitive types.

Of course, in this case, these individuals behaved foolishly. Anyone involved with Immigration is going to be monitored by the govt one way or the other.

Last edited:

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Not that I'm a fan of the ridiculous nature of certain security practices, but we are taking everything these people say as 100% accurate ... why? It's not possible that something completely different happened? Or this whole thing is completely made up?