County worker FIRED for doing what anyone would do.

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
Or didn't care. There's no clear evidence of anything.

exactly. they didnt care, so why should someone else care about their rights? and the inspector did care about her rights! thats why he knocked extensively! then he cared for her safety and went to check. man, this inspector is so dumb and evil:rolleyes:

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
why? why do you think an EMT or the police have more rights then you do? they dont!

Because the laws are written to allow emergency responders to do their jobs.

Now answer the question. If you think you actually answered it, then answer it again...but do not change it into a different question than what is actually asked (such as you being there when it clearsly says you are not).

Would you be fine if you were at work and some stranger walked into your house while she was sleeping and did not hear him knocking?

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
Because the laws are written to allow an emergency responder to do their job.

Now answer the question. If you think you actually answered it, then answer it again...but do not change it into a different question than what is actually asked (such as you being there when it clearsly says you are not).

Would you be fine if you were at work and some stranger walked into your house while she was sleeping and did not hear him knocking?

laws are also written giving amnesty to anyone trying to help. no i would not be ok with it, because there wouldnt be any reason for anyone to believe there is anything wrong. i follow the laws and answer my door. she was not sleeping, she knew someone was knocking.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
laws are also written giving amnesty to anyone trying to help. no i would not be ok with it, because there wouldnt be any reason for anyone to believe there is anything wrong. i follow the laws and answer my door. she was not sleeping, she knew someone was knocking.

yes there are lows giving amnesty to people trying to help. they are not designed to allow you to break the law. they are there so you can't get sued if you can't save someone or you hurt them more trying to save someone.

they are not cart blanch to break the law.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
yes there are lows giving amnesty to people trying to help. they are not designed to allow you to break the law. they are there so you can't get sued if you can't save someone or you hurt them more trying to save someone.

they are not cart blanch to break the law.

which is why he isnt being charged with anything!! what are you fighting about? youre killing your own arguments!

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
i cant be both people. am i the guy at the door or the guy at work?

That is what I thought. You refuse to answer the question since you know it will destroy your position. I actually expected you to lie instead and say you would have no problem with it.

EDIT: Ah, you did eventually answer it:

no i would not be ok with it

It is not OK to do to your family but OK to do the other people's families...at least you are honest.

Last edited:

MrColin

Platinum Member
May 21, 2003
wrongly fired for it. i hope he gets his job back, and this lady should thank him because if she WAS in trouble ALL of you would be praising him for saving a life.

seriously. you all want to hate me on this, but i am not wrong and you know you are. stop fighting a battle you started just because you thought i was being sensationalist. this whole news story is bullshit, thats why i posted it.

You are badly mistaken, tall grass != imminent danger to human life. She didn't have a working lawn mower BFD.

Where I live, if your yard gets out of control and you aren't home or don't answer the door (actually I don't think they even knock) they glue a notice to your door (I've gotten 2, LOL).

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
That is what I thought. You refuse to answer the question since you know it will destroy your position. I actually expected you to lie instead and say you would have no problem with it.

i refuse the answer a question because i dont know what the fuck you are asking me.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
which is why he isnt being charged with anything!! what are you fighting about? youre killing your own arguments!

no. that is not why he is not beign charged. and 2nd that was not your argument from the start. you were being a whiny brat over him getting fired for this.

we pointed out he was fired for his lie. now its he didnt' break any laws (witch he did).

but thanks for the troll! i had fun. but i has to get ready and leave. i smell and need a shower. i don't want anyone entering my house because of it! lol

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
You are badly mistaken, tall grass != imminent danger to human life. She didn't have a working lawn mower BFD.

Where I live, if your yard gets out of control and you aren't home or don't answer the door (actually I don't think they even knock) they glue a notice to your door (I've gotten 2, LOL).

it was more then tall grass

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Amazing how stubborn some people can be even after proven they are dead wrong-repeatedly. This thread is both funny and very, very sad.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
no. that is not why he is not beign charged. and 2nd that was not your argument from the start. you were being a whiny brat over him getting fired for this.

we pointed out he was fired for his lie. now its he didnt' break any laws (witch he did).

but thanks for the troll! i had fun. but i has to get ready and leave. i smell and need a shower. i don't want anyone entering my house because of it! lol

im mad because everyone thinks he deserves to be fired for lying about something that was morally just.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

fuck they don't even do that here. the house next door has been empty for 1.5 years. it's been working its way through the foreclosure courts. the grass was at least a foot tall.

we talked to a county sheriff. he looked into it. since we are a small country town there are no laws about it. the county or state can't force the bank to mow the lawn.

Finally the damn thing is for sale and they are out mowing heh.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
im mad because everyone thinks he deserves to be fired for lying about something that was morally just.

morally just or not (witch it was not) does not matter. You get caught leing to your boss you get fired.

anyway damnit i gotta go shower and shave..well maybe not shave.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
fuck they don't even do that here. the house next door has been empty for 1.5 years. it's been working its way through the foreclosure courts. the grass was at least a foot tall.

we talked to a county sheriff. he looked into it. since we are a small country town there are no laws about it. the county or state can't force the bank to mow the lawn.

Finally the damn thing is for sale and they are out mowing heh.

your point?

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
watch the video guys! this lady is a lazy pile of crap! the county worker banged on the door multiple times, its clear in the video. he tried both doors. the place looked abandoned. then he found the front door OPEN. if he DIDNT enter the house he would be a bad person for not worrying about someones safety!

First off.. they guy is not dressed as an authority figure (like a police officer would be)... he could have easily been shot by the homeowner. Should of called the police of an ambulance. If I am sure he would not get fired for a false alarm.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
your point?

a)that post was not directed to you

b) if i had directed it at you it would be a lot shorter and i would use smaller words (a lot like this post)

c) even if i did that you would still NOT get it.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
First off.. they guy is not dressed as an authority figure (like a police officer would be)... he could have easily been shot by the homeowner. Should of called the police of an ambulance. If I am sure he would not get fired for a false alarm.

so if youre going to shoot someone in your house for b and e, you will not shoot them if they are wearing a uniform and claim they are the cops?

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
a)that post was not directed to you

b) if i had directed it at you it would be a lot shorter and i would use smaller words (a lot like this post)

c) even if i did that you would still NOT get it.

im not getting it because nobody is giving a good answer. this guy did what any compassionate person would do in that specific situation. /thread

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
They guy was fired for lying during an investigation of his actions. Most people would not do that.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

That's the whole point. You're plain wrong about the "morally just". There is nothing morally just about going into someone's home with no permission, unless there is evidence of immediate danger to someone. There was no such evidence in this case, so his actions were not just. Then he lied on top of it and got busted lying. That just takes the fail and doubles down on it.