Country Over Party? Serve the People?

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
GOP has always been self over party, part and party over country. Look how many whined about fearing for safety if they voted to impeach. The Dems weren't cowed by this. Just another example of how Republicans are week sheeple.

Reactions: hal2kilo

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
GOP has always been self over party, part and party over country. Look how many whined about fearing for safety if they voted to impeach. The Dems weren't cowed by this. Just another example of how Republicans are week sheeple.

If you are interested in the how they switched....
But Gingrich had not come to deliver an academic lecture to the young activists before him—he had come to foment revolution.

“One of the great problems we have in the Republican Party is that we don’t encourage you to be nasty,” he told the group. “We encourage you to be neat, obedient, and loyal, and faithful, and all those Boy Scout words, which would be great around the campfire but are lousy in politics.”

For their party to succeed, Gingrich went on, the next generation of Republicans would have to learn to “raise hell,” to stop being so “nice,” to realize that politics was, above all, a cutthroat “war for power”—and to start acting like it.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
But some really are serving their constituents. Since so much of the base still deny the results. Their 70 million argument is more applicable for someone like Cruz. Bet there is a majority in Texas that will be not my president than accept Biden.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Unfortunately, this party ref,eats those they represent. I have no faith that Cruz, Hawley or the trifecta involved with the insurrection will be voted out anytime soon. Their base and the people who will be voting for them will continue to support these fools because they have no ability to do anything else. That is the scary fact of politics in the US. This will only embolden them, which tells me these characters will become more hardened and the rhetoric they slew will be more vile.