Counter-Strike

NissanGurl

Golden Member
Sep 4, 2003
I am having a hard time finding the full patch from retail version (fresh install) that isn't on fileplanet or requires a paid membership to download. Can anybody help me out? Reinstalling a game for my stepdad and having trouble finding this patch. Any help is greatly appreciated.

NissanGurl

Golden Member
Sep 4, 2003
Originally posted by: Truenofan
steam automatically updates those games, why are you trying to download it elsewhere.

because the automatic update tool tells me invalid internet connection. I read on one of the forums that Valve shutdown all the won authentication servers, which would explain why I couldn't get "a Valid internet connection." I just installed the "out of the box" counter-strike. I think I may have finally found a steam download that doesn't require a paed membership. We'll see how it goes **crosses fingers**

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
Originally posted by: NissanGurl
steam automatically updates those games, why are you trying to download it elsewhere.

because the automatic update tool tells me invalid internet connection. I read on one of the forums that Valve shutdown all the won authentication servers, which would explain why I couldn't get "a Valid internet connection." I just installed the "out of the box" counter-strike. I think I may have finally found a steam download that doesn't require a paed membership. We'll see how it goes **crosses fingers**

??? install steam from vavle's website, then put in your HL/CS cdkey and you can download it for free from steam

spaceghost21

May 22, 2004
Originally posted by: schneiderguy
Originally posted by: NissanGurl

??? install steam from vavle's website, then put in your HL/CS cdkey and you can download it for free from steam

Ding Ding Ding! Problem solved.