Counter-Strike Source mods/skins ??

RedBeard

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2000
Does anyone out there use neat/cool custom models/skins for CS? Wanna share?
I am using all the stock ones but I am looking for a change.

Also what map packs do you recommend? I usually bounce around alot on public servers.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I like smaller maps, poolday, iceworld, kingofthehill, the original poolday was so bad ass, there is a CSS poolday that's bigger I don't like it as much but it's still good. Iceworld is hella small and always fun to me, rounds go quick so even if you die you're back up and playing again in no time.

uli2000

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2006
I just use stock skins myself. As for mods, I like Goldeneye Source which is in open multiplayer beta, but I really want the single player. They are completly redoing the old N64 game. Also, I like The Battlegrounds 2, a revolutionalry war mod (still in beta, a little rough around the edges). But Im most excited for Insurgency (www.insmod.net). Its modern combat based in Iraq.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
Originally posted by: potato28
Originally posted by: RedBeard
Originally posted by: Canai
Go to FPSBanana for skins :)

Ohhhhh, thanks!

Don't mod the M4 and AK skins though, unless you like getting pissed around by VAC authentication.

VAC doesnt care if you use custom skins, however if the server is set to "pure mode" some skins will cause you to get kicked from the server.

edit: looks like valve released an update recently that lets servers block anyone from playing that has custom content :(

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: schneiderguy
Originally posted by: potato28
Originally posted by: RedBeard
Originally posted by: Canai
Go to FPSBanana for skins :)

Ohhhhh, thanks!

Don't mod the M4 and AK skins though, unless you like getting pissed around by VAC authentication.

VAC doesnt care if you use custom skins, however if the server is set to "pure mode" some skins will cause you to get kicked from the server.

edit: looks like valve released an update recently that lets servers block anyone from playing that has custom content :(

I don't have any of the regular skins on my HDD, so every time I join a server that doesn't have it loaded I get my skins that look very similar to the stock Valve ones.

zagood

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: potato28
Don't mod the M4 and AK skins though, unless you like getting pissed around by VAC authentication.</end quote></div>

This does happen. I can't remember the exact guidelines, but any skin that messes with some particular files can show up as cheats.

EDIT: w_ and vw_ files.

-z