Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xXFaNtAsMaXx

Nov 26, 2004
Fuck that noise. The last thing I thought they'd put out is a dumbed down version, but I guess I was completely wrong.

Just when I get my hopes up that Valve will release something that we actually want, they fuck it up and dumb it down. I'm not buying any more of their shit until episode 3, so I'm probably just not buying any more of their shit.

"Fake counter-strike game"? What does that mean?

It looks and almost feels like CS, but according to one of the players that was invited to look at it, they've dumbed it down by taking out recoil, making maps smaller, taking out kevlar, etc, so it really isn't CS.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Fuck that noise. The last thing I thought they'd put out is a dumbed down version, but I guess I was completely wrong.

Just when I get my hopes up that Valve will release something that we actually want, they fuck it up and dumb it down. I'm not buying any more of their shit until episode 3, so I'm probably just not buying any more of their shit.

It looks and almost feels like CS, but according to one of the players that was invited to look at it, they've dumbed it down by taking out recoil, making maps smaller, taking out kevlar, etc, so it really isn't CS.

Hate to say it, but at this rate, either EP3 isn't coming, or it will be the same thing.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008

Ah thanks, I didn't see that at first, I understand now. Yeah... that's a shame. On the positive side, we can take comfort in the knowing that CS 1.6 and CS:S will still be around for a looong time. CS:GO turns out shitty? No problem, just don't buy it, and keep playing CS:S then. I usually make this argument whenever a video game sequel to any other good game is released. They can screw it up as much as they want, but it doesn't change the fact that the previous games are still good.

TakeNoPrisoners

Platinum Member
Jun 3, 2011
Hate to say it, but at this rate, either EP3 isn't coming, or it will be the same thing.

I really don't think they will leave Half-Life in the dust. It is such a popular and recognized IP they would be stupid to leave it like it is now. At least they arn't teasing us like Duke Nukem Forever did.

Valve is Half-Life, it is what made them into the force they are today. Portal 2, CSS, CSGO, Portal, TF2 wouldn't be around without Half-Life. They would completly sabatoge everything if they didn't end Half-Life in a satisfactory way. I know I would stop buying everything Valve made and stop using Steam ect. if they didn't end Half-Life in the way it should be ended. They would be basicly dead to me. I know alot of people also feel this way. Look at the community for Black Mesa Source if you want to see some hardcore fans.

Last edited:

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005

wtf how is that making it "competitive" ? it sounds like quake

shrimpsiumai

Jun 18, 2005
1.5 right around they time they nerfed bunny hop was the BEST. Everything afterwards felt really sluggish and slow... It took out the arcade feeling. Anyone agree?

boozie

Oct 12, 2006
This is hands down my most anticipated game of the decade.

I've played CS 1.6 since 2002, and the game is pretty much dead on the competitive side. This may just be the revival that the world's #1 competitive FPS needs.

You do realize that 1.6 wasn't out in 2002 right? I know you probably just meant you played since 2002, but the game declined from 1.3 including 1.5=>1.6. Note: I'm not just some blind fanboy saying Beta X.X or bust. 1.3 was prime.

Also, if the quote about this game being made for consoles first is true, screw this game. This would be a huge slap in the face from valve.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
Funny watching you dumbasses cry about how a game is released for console AS WELL AS being released for the PC. Oh no, Valve is trying to make money, they're evil!

YOu jackasses are quickly to forget that Valve have been releasing all their games on multiplatform for a while meow.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Ahh.. I remember playing on CS 1.3 on Bloodstar's Dust 24 x 7. They had 30 - 40 guys who played there all the time.

Good times :)

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Scumbag Gabe Newell

eyI3L.png

lol

boozie

Oct 12, 2006
YOu jackasses are quickly to forget that Valve have been releasing all their games on multiplatform for a while meow.

I don't know if this is at me, but I explicitly stated an issue with

Marek ".PhP" Kadek is one of the players in seattle. This is what he wrote on Playzone.cz :
- this game is not going to replace CS 1.6, or CS:S, it is primary made for consoles, PC version is just kind of a "bonus"
- at the moment, the game looks more like HL2DM
- There is no recoil and there will never be. (because of the consoles)

Call me what you want, but this sounds awful to me. I didn't take this statement as a fact, merely said I hope it's not true.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
I don't know if this is at me, but I explicitly stated an issue with

Call me what you want, but this sounds awful to me. I didn't take this statement as a fact, merely said I hope it's not true.

I'm refering to anyone who's crying "omg, it's console, so the game must suck". Any self respecting gamer would consider that thought to be rather narrow minded. Just my 2 cents.

Regarding the no recoil comment posted by some random bloke, sounds like he's a troll looking for bait than anything else. You guys consider that the game is in pre alpha and recoil hasn't been implemented? Lack of recoil has nothing to do with consoles because we've seen shooters on consoles with recoil--COD and BC2.

There are barely any details about the game released, based on alpha builds, mind you, and there are a bunch of whine little bitches already. Heh. Take 2 seconds to think about it rationally. Valve is trying to turn this iteration of the game into a serious eSport, so you think they're going to fuck it up? My guess is that the gameplay may be consolized ON THE CONSOLES, but they will do the right thing on the PC version.

Last edited:

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
I'm refering to anyone who's crying "omg, it's console, so the game must suck". Any self respecting gamer would consider that thought to be rather narrow minded. Just my 2 cents.

Regarding the no recoil comment posted by some random bloke, sounds like he's a troll looking for bait than anything else. You guys consider that the game is in pre alpha and recoil hasn't been implemented? Lack of recoil has nothing to do with consoles because we've seen shooters on consoles with recoil--COD and BC2.

There are barely any details about the game released, based on alpha builds, mind you, and there are a bunch of whine little bitches already. Heh. Take 2 seconds to think about it rationally. Valve is trying to turn this iteration of the game into a serious eSport, so you think they're going to fuck it up? My guess is that the gameplay may be consolized ON THE CONSOLES, but they will do the right thing on the PC version.

Well he's not some random bloke.

http://www.esl.eu/sk/player/1206746/