Counter Strike 2?

TecHNooB

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005
Saw a preview of Friday night's GTTV on Spike TV and it mentioned Counter Strike 2.. any info on this? They were also talking about ValvE's other game currently in development (forget what it's called tho). I guess I'll find out on Friday.

Peelback79

Oct 26, 2007
I've heard rumors of CS2. I haven't searched in a while but I haven't come across anything concrete. There was talk of a CS game that blended Source graphics and ragdolls with 1.6 hitboxes or something like that. I don't remember if that was a mod or actually CS2. The latest game by Valve is Left 4 Dead. All I can say for that game is DO WANT!!!! Hope it's as good as they say it is.

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
CS is dead for me. I've outgrown it I guess. Too simple, and too many squeakers.

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
CS2? If they ever implemented something like that they would have to add more guns and maybe bring back the old menu system where you bought your own ammo, but have different types of ammo? I do want, but Left 4 Dead is higher up on the Want list.

RandomFool

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2001
www.loofmodnar.com
Technicall CS2 was CS: Source. I'm not sure I could get into a new CS since I've sort of grown away from that type of gameplay.

Also there would be too much complaining from the community about how it was either too newb friendly, too realistic or just not as good as beta 5.24. The CS community has issue dealing with change.

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
CS2 would be interesting if it kept the core elements that made CS and CS:S so addictive while bringing the engine up to par. I'd love to have screaming bystanders getting mowed down in the crossfire and moving traffic, more dynamic maps, etc. I trust Valve that they won't ruin things. TF2, as an example, is a big departure from the original and in some ways it's better than the original ever was.

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Originally posted by: nerp
CS2 would be interesting if it kept the core elements that made CS and CS:S so addictive while bringing the engine up to par. I'd love to have screaming bystanders getting mowed down in the crossfire and moving traffic, more dynamic maps, etc. I trust Valve that they won't ruin things. TF2, as an example, is a big departure from the original and in some ways it's better than the original ever was.

Yeah CS with NPCs would be pretty badass. Fighting in a crowded market instead of empty level.

toughwimp11

May 8, 2005
i'd rather valve just finish hl2 ep 3 and update tf2 with new stuff. lets face it, a new cs isn't going to be that much different from cs:s

Mandin62

Mar 24, 2007
CS is classic they will never be able to reproduce it. Peelback79 you are thinking of CS:S Promod. http://www.cspromod.com/ its a project that has been undertaken by a group of CS players. The weird thinking about CS is the fact that it is still one of the best multiplayer shooters out there even after all these years. The flow of the game play and the dedication of the community. It is probably the most enjoyable video game to watch as a spectator. It is like watching a soccer game. anything can happen at any time. also the amount of skill pro CS players exhibit is amazing when compared to other professional games.

Heller

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2006
Originally posted by: Mandin62
CS is classic they will never be able to reproduce it. Peelback79 you are thinking of CS:S Promod. http://www.cspromod.com/ its a project that has been undertaken by a group of CS players. The weird thinking about CS is the fact that it is still one of the best multiplayer shooters out there even after all these years. The flow of the game play and the dedication of the community. It is probably the most enjoyable video game to watch as a spectator. It is like watching a soccer game. anything can happen at any time. also the amount of skill pro CS players exhibit is amazing when compared to other professional games.

amen

go coL

rasczak

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
oh god please don't let them release cs again! i don't want my wife to divorce me or my kids to hate me because i'm never around for them!

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Canai
Originally posted by: nerp

Yeah CS with NPCs would be pretty badass. Fighting in a crowded market instead of empty level.

That would be pretty insane.

Heller

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2006
seriously.. css is alot better now that i've got a rig with a constant 100fps

fraggin happy now.

may start competitive again.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I'd be grateful for a Condition Zero: Source.

But if they do make a proper sequel and charge 50 bucks for it, they better do a lot more than just port Condition Zero to a new engine.

Heller

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2006
Originally posted by: shortylickens
I'd be grateful for a Condition Zero: Source.

But if they do make a proper sequel and charge 50 bucks for it, they better do a lot more than just port Condition Zero to a new engine.

eww cz

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Aflac
CS:Source IS Counter-Strike 2...
Sure, like HL:Source is Half-Life 2. ;)

Seriously, CS:S is just CS updated and ported to the new engine, where as CS2 would be a sequel. See here, 4:00 in.