Could smooth skin be the next target?

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
Smooth or taunt skin or both. Striving to be skinny has been put down by many as we've seen. Like skinny models and movie stars. And it's practically accepted to not praise the skinny body. Also note that taunt skin is possible on fat people just like smooth skin is.

So I wonder if smooth skin may be the next thing in the cross hairs. Or is smooth skin so universally loved that I'm being absurd to suggest that it could be targeted in a way that skinniness is targeted?

I haven't even done a search on this yet so maybe I'm the only nut job who's suggesting it. And btw I don't mean the alternative to smooth skin would be sandpaper textured skin. But something in between I'm guessing. Sort of like the anti skinny people when they say that of course they don't mean 300 lb women and men should be a goal. Oh god I'm actually trying to build a case for shaming smooth skin. But I like smooth skin of course, I'm just speculating on how far things could go.

Last edited:

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
I found a picture of the OP:

Dh-VmsLUYAAsJGw.jpg

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
Society is basically turning on any standards that might make them better. Even slenderness. Deriding the slender as "unhealthy" (hahahahahahaha right :rolleyes:).

Smooth skin isn't on the radar so you'd best not even bring it up. Publicly. (This forum is public.) Out of sight = out of mind.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
If Josh's proposed movement means I don't have to shave much and that it's okay to look like Lee Marvin on a five day bender, I'm all in.

Reactions: DietDrThunder

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
I guess I forgot about the detrimental effect of using some creams on the face in attempts to get smooth skin. If the creams turn out to have bad chemicals that show harmful results after long use. Stuff like that. So in that way it's already been an issue for a long time I suppose. But the goal of smooth skin in itself is still widely accepted. Atm.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I guess I forgot about the detrimental effect of using some creams on the face in attempts to get smooth skin. If the creams turn out to have bad chemicals that show harmful results after long use. Stuff like that. So in that way it's already been an issue for a long time I suppose. But the goal of smooth skin in itself is still widely accepted. Atm.
You have to get the stuff made with real placenta. That petroleum based crap will kill you (or at least dry out your skin).

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Sad but true. Be thankful, there's a lot of other nasty genetic/autoimmune crap out there.

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
I wonder in the case of women who like men with rugged good looks. Do most of them prefer him to have really smooth skin, or just smooth skin or not quite so smooth to go along with the rugged (masculine) looks?

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
About damn time a cause I agree with came along, down with the smooth skins!