Could John Titor's hint have been right?

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
In the many predictions he made, he referred to presidents using the masculine pronoun "he", except when talking about the president in 2008 or 2009 he said "he or she".

Many took this as a hint that we would have a female president then, with the guess at the time being Hillary Clinton.

But after the recent change of control in the House of Reps, we are 2 impeachments away from President Pelosi.

Do you guys think Pelosi will end up being the first female president?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Impeachment? I think Pelosi already said that is off the table. If they want to work on impeachment proceedings they should also work on their losing speeches in 08.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: Genx87
Impeachment? I think Pelosi already said that is off the table. If they want to work on impeachment proceedings they should also work on their losing speeches in 08.

Aye, Titor has already been disproven multiple times. I love sci-fi and public practical jokes, but you have to be truly nutty to take that joke seriously.

Pelosi is right about not focusing on impeachment. Our country is in major trouble with the mess in Iraq and the polarization of domestic issues. Descending what remains of our political dialogue into the foggy morass known as impeachment would help no one, and hurt us all.

If Bush is indeed guilty of severe misdeeds, as is certainly possible, let them be proven at some point in the future by independent investigation, but keep it out of the picture for the time being. The Clinton debacle proved what a divisive disaster impeachment proceedings can be, and was the first hint of the despicable nonsense the Republicans were itching to unleash. Better to learn from history rather than repeat.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Unless Cheney and GWB are impeached and convicted together--and quick--I believe we have a provision for the sitting President to name a new VP---which was used by Nixon to in essence appoint Gerald Ford President.---but at the time Spiro Agnew had alraedy had been forced to resign.

But if Cheney and GWB happened to die in some common accident--like a plane crash---then I suppose next in succession would be Nancy Pelosi.
And none could accuse her of being the author of her Presidency---where as she would get a share of such a taint if the sitting Pres and Vice Pres went via a common impeachment.
And if it does fall that way---that Cheney and GWB do go by common impeachment--then one could argue that Nancy could avoid that taint by abstaining from the vote and not participating in the house part of the impeachment proceedings to avoid appearance of bias.

But already we are grossly over speculating over extremely un probable events.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Titor was a hoax. Not that he was ever believable in the first place IMO, but two glaring issues that proves he was a hoax were that the US didn't fall into Civil War in 2005, and that the Olympics occurred in 2006.

Wapp

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2003
Originally posted by: Vic
Titor was a hoax. Not that he was ever believable in the first place IMO, but two glaring issues that proves he was a hoax were that the US didn't fall into Civil War in 2005, and that the Olympics occurred in 2006.

Per Wikipedia:

A Second American Civil War from 2004-2008
An underground movement could be fighting the government as we speak.

Another prediction was that 2004 would be the last year in which the Olympic Games would occur. This seems at odds with real-world events as the 2006 Winter Olympics began February 10, 2006. However there has been some argument as to whether the Winter Olympics was included in the prediction.

FWIW, I think he was full of it.

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
I think it was fun reading it - but a lot of it was too extreme to be believable. It made it sound like so many different global events happened at once and sounded like apocylypse was here lol

And btw...China will ENSURE that 2008 olympics occur ;) They is so much money they are looking to make that they are actually trying to clean up their cities now ;)

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: magomago
I think it was fun reading it - but a lot of it was too extreme.

And btw...China will ENSURE that 2008 olympics occur ;) They is so much money they are looking to make that they are actually trying to clean up their cities now ;)

Yep, 2008 will be the turning point of modern history, as the US passes the baton to China as the dominant world power for the forseeable future.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I sometimes zone out in a funny way looking at stuff and experiencing some kind of revere, like wondering if I should buy lettuce as I look at it in the store and get home only to find somebody needs lettuce and I got to go back. I remember also staring at the turn signal on an old car I had and thinking how strange it had never been broken in all the many years of its existence even though it protruded unprotected quite a bit. Two days later somebody hit the that car and busted only it.

I don't believe the future can be known, but stuff like what I experience makes me wonder why. But it is rare that that that kind of things happen.