Could food delivery robots be coming to a town near you?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Am I the one making dumb claims on the internet? No. I know you are probably a delivery person and this has got you all triggered but some of us welcome the new tech.

You are an idiot. You actually think that these robots will not be molested in the larger cities ( New York, Chicago )?

The repair cost will undo the cost savings from getting rid of people. Then the theft of food and robots.

And no I don't deliver food I work on automated production assembly lines and robots. Thanks for your concern.

Last edited:

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
You are an idiot. You actually think that these robots will not be molested in the larger cities ( New York, Chicago )?

The repair cost will undo the cost savings from getting rid of people. Then the theft of food and robots.

And no I don't deliver food I work on automated production assembly lines and robots. Thanks for your concern.

why do you think a robot will walk around? Why wouldn't a automated vehicle pull up to your place and you go out and get your food? you are over complicating what is going to happen here.

Im sorry you drill holes in metal for a living.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
why do you think a robot will walk around? Why wouldn't a automated vehicle pull up to your place and you go out and get your food? you are over complicating what is going to happen here.

No, I'm not. And how do you "know" what is going to happen. Got a crystal ball.

I'm an electronics tech. I repair the automation, not work the line. No hole drilling required.

I am sorry I hurt your feelings by calling you an idiot, I thought you already knew.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
No, I'm not. And how do you "know" what is going to happen. Got a crystal ball.

I'm an electronics tech. I repair the automation, not work the line. No hole drilling required.

I am sorry I hurt your feelings by calling you an idiot, I thought you already knew.

Your the one making claims about thugs in the city taking these things and it not being viable. You know what I know is going to happen? Technology will progress. Because thats what happened. Look 2 years back on these forums and retards like you are saying self driving cars will never happen. lol. Shit is on the way son. Get your factory working ass ready.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Your the one making claims about thugs in the city taking these things and it not being viable. You know what I know is going to happen? Technology will progress. Because thats what happened. Look 2 years back on these forums and retards like you are saying self driving cars will never happen. lol. Shit is on the way son. Get your factory working ass ready.

Well where is my flying car that we were to have by the year 2000?

Why do you have to continually insult someone. Is that where your mind operates? I do on occasion, but damn every post. You must really be a very small person to have this need.

Oh and I never said "self driving cars would never happen". So again you are wrong.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I have to be honest and say that I prefer the sun tanned hottie in shorty shorts delivering my fast food over a robotic courier.:D

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
There is no way this would work in general, but they already do this at hotels.

140905_FT_Botlr.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003

Re: Bolded above.

'Cuz he clicked on the link provided by the OP?

The 'robot' in the vid looks like a freakin cooler on small wheels that uses the sidewalk and goes about 4 mph.

Fern