Costco Apologizes For Bibles Labeled As Fiction At California Store

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
I don't even know any Jesus freaks that think the Bible is anything more than inspirational fiction anymore...

It is almost like they had to accept the fact that it is complete horsemanure in order to be able to move beyond it in any sort of challenge to Xtianity.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
I don't even know any Jesus freaks that think the Bible is anything more than inspirational fiction anymore...

It is almost like they had to accept the fact that it is complete horsemanure in order to be able to move beyond it in any sort of challenge to Xtianity.

I would venture a guess and say there are around 3 billion Christians on this planet -- exactly how many of them do you know who holds this view you say they do?

Nov 8, 2012
<[TN]FBMachine> i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section ...

Quoting Bash is like masturbating, people know you do it...

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
I would venture a guess and say there are around 3 billion Christians on this planet -- exactly how many of them do you know who holds this view you say they do?

Many Christians believe that the Bible is a book of allegory and yet still go to church and still call themselves Christians and still think that the Bible is a good book to glean value and morals and ethics from in an effort to lead a righteous life.

Are you a literalist who thinks that Moses ACTUALLY parted the Red Sea and that Noah ACTUALLY built an ark that housed two of every kind of animal on the planet during a planet-wide flood that there is no evidence of in the fossil record that goes back hundreds of millions of years because god created the fossil record as-is to test our faith?

Which one are you?

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
The manager of the store or the department manager should have just had the bibles moved to a shelf labeled "Religion" or "Religious" problem solved.

If someone did it as a joke then that person should have had the rest of the day off unpaid, which would be appropriate for a reprimand imo.

The mind boggles.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
The manager of the store or the department manager should have just had the bibles moved to a shelf labeled "Religion" or "Religious" problem solved.

If someone did it as a joke then that person should have had the rest of the day off unpaid, which would be appropriate for a reprimand imo.

The mind boggles.

Agree, but I believe them when they said it was a mistake. However, "undermining the foundation of Christianity" not found in this case. I cannot believe just how sensitive some religious people can be.

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
Agree, but I believe them when they said it was a mistake. However, "undermining the foundation of Christianity" not found in this case. I cannot believe just how sensitive some religious people can be.

So you agree that the Bible is fiction?

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
So you agree that the Bible is fiction?

Once you learn how to have a discussion without all the childish insults, wanton ad-hominem attacks, and overall rude/trollish and bigoted behavior, then I will answer your question(s)....

Apr 27, 2012
There's nothing wrong if they did this to all the other religious books but if they only targeted the Bible then it's wrong.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000

They should have just said "Jesus fucking christ on a crutch it was a god damn mistake don't get your panties in a bunch!" I'm sure that would have made things all better ;)

Or you know they could phrase it a slightly different way with the same general message, I still prefer my way.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Nobody could seriously look me in the face and tell me some dude built a huge ship and gathered two of every animal on it somehow.....we call that "fiction."

Christianity_o_44148.jpg

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
Once you learn how to have a discussion without all the childish insults, wanton ad-hominem attacks, and overall rude/trollish and bigoted behavior, then I will answer your question(s)....

I asked you a simple question.

If you can't be an adult and answer the question, I'll consider your childish cop-out as "I am too prideful to admit what I believe because I either paint myself as a nutjob literalist or undermine my own beliefs by admitting that the bible is fiction."

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
They should have just said "Jesus fucking christ on a crutch it was a god damn mistake don't get your panties in a bunch!" I'm sure that would have made things all better ;)

Or you know they could phrase it a slightly different way with the same general message, I still prefer my way.

lol