Costa Mesa, CA to stand w/ AZ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rpanic

Golden Member
Dec 1, 2006
Costa Mesa is one of the borders between the Mexican settlement of Santa Ana and the nicer parts of OC. This Battle has been going on for a while, but Costa Mesa has been loosing one block at a time. I think its the OC's Alamo.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Costa Mesa is one of the borders between the Mexican settlement of Santa Ana and the nicer parts of OC. This Battle has been going on for a while, but Costa Mesa has been loosing one block at a time. I think its the OC's Alamo.

haha, i lived in santa ana and went to school in costa mesa =X

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
That seems to be the sentiment in Central CA where I just spent two weeks.

Personally I think a better solution would be to go after those who hire them with massive fines and forfeiture of all proceeds made from the use of Illegals. I wonder why they don't do that?

Ok lets do that. Lets also massively fine their familes who are hiding them as well, and massively fine the individuals who are here illegally. Why stop at just fining the businesses? Is it because they have the money and you and your hero Obama need to pay for his massive spending?

rpanic

Golden Member
Dec 1, 2006

Lot of my friends did the same thing Ns1. They started calling it “South Coast Metro LOL” last time I lived there.

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
in phx, az they have been going after the biz too, imho not near enough but they are doing it. the local news just talked about some local shop that was hiring illegals - doing the biz takes a bit more time as there is more investigation to see the scope of the operation, and this time a few of the people running the place were arrested too. i think it was a cooperation ice/sheriff operation. but, you do hear more about the drop houses, violence, etc much more than the biz getting hit. so, hopefully they are going after more biz.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
in phx, az they have been going after the biz too, imho not near enough but they are doing it. the local news just talked about some local shop that was hiring illegals - doing the biz takes a bit more time as there is more investigation to see the scope of the operation, and this time a few of the people running the place were arrested too. i think it was a cooperation ice/sheriff operation. but, you do hear more about the drop houses, violence, etc much more than the biz getting hit. so, hopefully they are going after more biz.

Takes a national effort like instant I9 checks instead of 3-6 months to get back to employer indicating false or duplicate SS number. Believe me TPTB want no part of getting rid of cheap slave labor.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

Ha I grew up in Costa Mesa and went to Newport Harbor HS. 80% wt 20% Asian. I bet it's still close to that.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Ha I grew up in Costa Mesa and went to Newport Harbor HS. 80% wt 20% Asian. I bet it's still close to that.

Had to apply for a permit to transfer to CMHS from Santa Ana. Decently diverse campus (white/asian/mexican)

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Ok lets do that. Lets also massively fine their familes who are hiding them as well, and massively fine the individuals who are here illegally. Why stop at just fining the businesses? Is it because they have the money and you and your hero Obama need to pay for his massive spending?
What a hysterical little wise and beautiful woman, Obama isn't my hero and I'm all for going after all those who hire , house, and directly enable criminal and I believe any monies gained from those illegal activities should be forfeited.

Of course I already told you this in another thread not that it really matters to you, your head is so far up your ass you probably didn't comprehend it.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
What a hysterical little wise and beautiful woman, Obama isn't my hero and I'm all for going after all those who hire , house, and directly enable criminal and I believe any monies gained from those illegal activities should be forfeited.

Of course I already told you this in another thread not that it really matters to you, your head is so far up your ass you probably didn't comprehend it.

You'd be a lot more convincing if you weren't wearing an Obama T-shirt and didn't have all those "Hope and Change" bumper stickers all over your car.