Corsair warranty REJECTED, what next ?

Ellen B. Stollings

Oct 27, 2017
Hi, i am new here.
I bought Corsair VS450 PSU last year from Ebay. This was the first time i bought this much expensive PSU for my new machine i was building, i was using circle PSU previously on my other machine.

its been working great from last 1 year almost, then now , it started acting weird from last couple of weeks,
Rebooting PC at power down even though it was connected to UPS. so after many try and error attempts, trying different UPS, i found PSU is not holding power as much it used to hold when it was new when power goes down.

so i packed the PSU and sent to kaizen (Pune) service centre for replacement.

They sent me my PSU back, claiming

Your product are rejected. Because, warranty sticker is damaged.

and i was like dang, i never tried to open that thing , why would i ? its in warranty , and if i am going to get free replacement then why mess with it and i am no electronic engg.

then i asked then to mail me pics of damaged sticker , so they sent me 3 pics. and i noticed.

its on the bottom side of the PSU, so that might have caused it, either at the time of installing or removing or trying to install it in another case.
or even once per 3 months blowing vacuum cleaner air though it for getting all dust out.

i was not even aware of there was sticker at the bottom.

anyways long story short.
WARRANTY REJECTED.

so what are my option now, is there anything can be done ?

thanks for your time.,

XavierMace

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2013
Your option is buy a new power supply.

Also, those stickers are extremely resilient. It's not coming off from being vacuumed and it's extremely unlikely it's getting damaged in the process of installing the power supply, even if that was done repeatedly. It sounds like you bought a used power supply.

Ellen B. Stollings

Oct 27, 2017
Your option is buy a new power supply.

Also, those stickers are extremely resilient. It's not coming off from being vacuumed and it's extremely unlikely it's getting damaged in the process of installing the power supply, even if that was done repeatedly. It sounds like you bought a used power supply.
dang, i never thought of this possibility. after all i bought from ebay. and i never cared to verify the warranty sticker as it came in original box and with bill.

anyways, is there possibility, that if i buy same PSU new again, it will hold up the power as much as mine was used to hold when i bought it last year ?

Thank you.

Is it fine , if i put on transparent sticky tape, over the warranty void logo, in case i buy new PSU ?

so it won't wear off so easily ? or is it also handled as tempering to the sticker and warranty gets void ?

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Wow, the local brands are 1/6 the price? How many houses have they burned down? (Only partially asking in jest.)

I wouldn't even use a VS in my rigs, I would hate to use anything cheaper. My golly. I guess India doesn't have anything like a UL certification (such that the PSU will NOT burn your house down, if it fails)?

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
As for your original question, buy a new PSU, better than a VS, from a legitimate dealer.

Ellen B. Stollings

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, the local brands are 1/6 the price? How many houses have they burned down? (Only partially asking in jest.)

I wouldn't even use a VS in my rigs, I would hate to use anything cheaper. My golly. I guess India doesn't have anything like a UL certification (such that the PSU will NOT burn your house down, if it fails)?

i am not sure about UL certification, majority houses are made of cement, so no worries .

the worst cases i have seen of using cheap PSU is ruining/damaging PSU/motherboard.

and not many shops have branded PSU for sale.

only those have good rigs/ high range cpu go for branded PSU.

Thank you.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Go to jonnyguru.com. See if Jonny can do you a favor since he works there. The worst that can happen that he says no.

Feb 25, 2011
dang, i never thought of this possibility. after all i bought from ebay. and i never cared to verify the warranty sticker as it came in original box and with bill.

eBay isn't a single store - it's a collection of people like you and me, small shops, and large companies, all selling through the eBay platform. A large portion of the stuff on eBay is used equipment, being sold by individuals, even if it's still in the original box.

anyways, is there possibility, that if i buy same PSU new again, it will hold up the power as much as mine was used to hold when i bought it last year ?

Yes. A new PSU of the same model should work like the other one did.

Is it fine , if i put on transparent sticky tape, over the warranty void logo, in case i buy new PSU ?

so it won't wear off so easily ? or is it also handled as tempering to the sticker and warranty gets void ?

I would leave it alone. It may be considered "tampering" by some twerp in a repair center somewhere, even though it's not.

Besides; if you install it, carefully, once, and let it sit, it's not going to be damaged.

Ellen B. Stollings

Oct 27, 2017
eBay isn't a single store - it's a collection of people like you and me, small shops, and large companies, all selling through the eBay platform. A large portion of the stuff on eBay is used equipment, being sold by individuals, even if it's still in the original box.

Yes. A new PSU of the same model should work like the other one did.

I would leave it alone. It may be considered "tampering" by some twerp in a repair center somewhere, even though it's not.

Besides; if you install it, carefully, once, and let it sit, it's not going to be damaged.

Thank you, i really appreciate your input.

i have ordered vs650 this time.,

Despoiler

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2007
Also, ALWAYS take pictures of what you send in to RMA. Shady companies will damage the item themselves then blame you to deny warranty.

Ellen B. Stollings

Oct 27, 2017
Also, ALWAYS take pictures of what you send in to RMA. Shady companies will damage the item themselves then blame you to deny warranty.

the funny thing is i did take pictures before sending in to RMA, but stupid thing is i did not take pictures of warranty sticker, i took pictures of serial number sticker side.

nvm, lesson learned.
thanks