Corolla or Civic

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
i like corollas more than civics. It makes more power, same mileage, a bit cheaper, has a/c standard, and has a timing chain instead of a belt. The civic does have better handling than the corolla though. Looks wise neither one is exception to me. I have daily driven/abused both cars.

TRD makes a supercharger for the corolla these days and it retains the factory warranty. That said, the corolla is still not fast when s/c. :eek:

HiTek21

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2002
I like the looks of the Civic coupe. The upcoming Corolla XRS looks mighty tempting though.

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
corolla for sure. 2003 corolla >>>>>>>>>>>> 2003 civic.

My aptmate has a 2003 corolla, neighbor/friend has a 2003 civic...

the civic sucks...the corolla is soo much more comfy and much more smoother. This is of course from a passenger's point of view

Red

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2002
Definitely Civic. 01+ Coupes are gorgeous. And I happen to know where you can get an amazing deal. See my sig for the link!

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
also...the corolla looks a lot more stylish. I really don't like the redundant, boring design of most hondas..especially the civics and pre-2003 accords

if you live in so. cal...you feel me because every other car is a friggin civic or accord, or a fixed up civic or accord....

or a f150....:p

damn too many of them here

Asharus

Oct 6, 2001
If you're buying a new car and are on a budget, I would recommend the Hyundai Elantra. It's got a sick warranty (10yr/100,000mi).

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
Civic.

though if comfort/reliabilty are your two main concerns, Corolla. But the Civic isn't too far behind the Corolla in those points (still very comfortable and reliable), it looks better, and it will be much more fun to drive.