Cops Shut Down Little Girl's Lemonade Stand

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
The should have given the Neighbors name.

Anyone in that town? It should be on public record, right?

Get their name, address, phone number, email, anything you can.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I would have asked the cop who the a$$hat neighbor was (normally they don't tell you who filed a complaint, but they would have probably made an exception this time) and taken appropriate action -- like burn down their house or something ;)

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
:( Way to ruin a little girls' summer. What a jerk neighbor. Gotta be a cranky old person.

Their entire house should be pelted with lemons. Lemons should COVER the front and back yards and their car. Lemons should be stuffed in their mailbox. Their dog should be painted Lemon Yellow.

I hate it when people are mean and hurtful on purpose.

Wait...that's kind of contradictory...oh hell, do it anyway. :evil:

cavemanmoron

Lifer
Mar 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Angrymarshmello
Is that site hosted on a 28.8 modem? I can see dust settle on my monitor

And gdamn, what a fvcking jackass. How is a 6 year old girl's lemonade stand hurting him/her? Gawd what a dick. If I were that girl's father I'd go b1tch him out

same here,i have cable/Roadrunner,
i waited 3 mins,and then said :(
it just had a pretty blue background,with artwork, :(
glad someone copy/pasted the info!!

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
My 2nd guess after cranky old fart would be paranoid schizophrenic. "That 'lemonade' stand must be a front for drugs and prostitutes! Curse that young-looking midget!"

machintos

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2003
That kind of neighbor would need to get his a$$ kicked
Why would you wanna shut down a 6-year-old's lemonade stand?

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
From what I read, the girls are back in business and didn't have to buy a permit. There summer is not ruined, they got the last laugh on some cranky neighbor. Either way that is stupid of the neighbor, however as mentioned the city had to do it. I bet little girls can make a ton of money. Think about it, their parents pay for the supplies, they charge 25 cents or make the lemonade free and ask for tips, and everyone will plunk down a buck just b/c girls selling stuff like that is so cute, they probably make $8 an hour, which if my conversion from 6 year old girl money to standard USD is around $50/hour.

Aug 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
The should have given the Neighbors name.

Anyone in that town? It should be on public record, right?

Get their name, address, phone number, email, anything you can.

That's what i'm sayin, if it wasa formal complaint, then there should be some kinda paperwork trail, and have the neighbors name on it. Imagine the kind of back lash. Neighbor calls a plumber,
"Help a water main in my yard broke"
"Aren't you the one that called the cops on the 6 year old"
"yeah"
click.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
i would just go put up like 1000 different stands now on their street cuz the permit is for "unlimited stands" :D

find the neighbor, and set up a stand right across the street from him (maybe 2 of them) and scream as much as they can when a car goes by!!

MIKE

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
I just want to clarify. I think cops get ripped on enough here and I think the title is a little misleading. It should be "neighbor calls cops on...." or "cops forced to shut down....". Just my opinion to not rip on the cops when it isn't really called for.

emu10k2

Banned
May 29, 2003
The neighborhood is going downhill.

Just like all those packs of dirty little girls peddling their cookies, country-wide.

Ladies Man

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
sounds like the neighbor that would run out and steal the soccer ball if it landed on his yard when we were little
Pretty stupid when you are 8ish and need to ask your parents to go ask the neighbor to give you your soccer ball back.... this would happen maybe once a every few months.

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
Originally posted by: emu10k2
The neighborhood is going downhill.

Just like all those packs of dirty little girls peddling their cookies, country-wide.

I know. They claim they're authentic Girl Scout cookies but they aren't even made with real Girl Scouts! What a rip-off!

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Staley8
I just want to clarify. I think cops get ripped on enough here and I think the title is a little misleading. It should be "neighbor calls cops on...." or "cops forced to shut down....". Just my opinion to not rip on the cops when it isn't really called for.
The title should be "Freaking asshole neighbor bitchs at cops until they are forced to shut down little girl's lemonade stand." A plain and simple reading of the article clearly shows that the cops did not want to shut down said lemonade stand, as you stated.

Flatline

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2001
The only decent thing about it is that the city actually seems to have reacted with some measure of class. They are required to do something about it if they receive a formal complaint, but they handled it (in my opinion) about as well as they could have given their restrictions. The neighbor should be flogged publicly, though...

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: TheHeartless
Originally posted by: MarklarMarklar
Why would anyone call the cops on a 6 yr old. That's just spiteful.

seriously!!!!.....that would make me cry, and or hate my neighbor for doing that to me.:(

Cops should have arrested the neighbor for being a biyatch

dmw16

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2000
All i can say is if they were my neighbors I would have to consider getting a temporary permit to egg their house. :D
-doug

Hoober

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Vonkhan
i hate neighbours and i hate cops

the cops shudda shot the neighbour and then got poisoned from the lemonade :D :beer: :evil:

rolleye.gif

PunDogg

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2002
man good thing they didn;t they didnt; show the neighbor on TV he/she would have been kicked in the a$$ big time. Stupid neighbor

Dogg

bigalt

Golden Member
Oct 12, 2000
once she starts raking in enough dough she can hire someone named guido to discourage neighbours from contemplating the same thing again.