Cop Killer on the loose here

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vic Vega

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2010
You think someone above in the officers chain of command basically told them... "If you see a suspicious trunk you believe to be Dorners open fire without due cause and kill the occupants."

Seriously?

I believe someone high up in the LAPD, someone with the city or possibly elsewhere (State or even Fed) has told the feet on the street to make Dorner dead.

Axon

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2003
Edit: Upon double checking the story about the trucks that where opened fire upon NONE of the occupants where injured or killed in anyway, but it still begs the question.... if they wheren't dorner or acting in a threatening manner, why had the LAPD opened fire to begin with...

They're scared out of their minds.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
You think someone above in the officers chain of command basically told them... "If you see a suspicious trunk you believe to be Dorners open fire without due cause and kill the occupants."

Seriously?

Edit: Upon double checking the story about the trucks that where opened fire upon NONE of the occupants where injured or killed in anyway, but it still begs the question.... if they wheren't dorner or acting in a threatening manner, why had the LAPD opened fire to begin with...

What story were you checking? There were two separate shootings, one where there were two ladies delivering newspapers that got shot up. A 71 years old got shot twice in the back, the other suffers injuries related to being shot. Another shooting occurred minutes later to a surfer who was driving a black Honda truck. They rammed his truck before shooting at him, luckily he did not sustain injuries.

In both incidents, the occupants were shot without warnings or commands or identifications.

Know your facts, they're important in these situations.

Meractik

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2003
Im sure due to the leaks that could be caused about the departments issues that someone high up did give the order to make Dorner dead. No argument there... but to open fire without due cause, its wrong. Scared or not they should have the ability to distinguish between the person they are looking for and not. If they cannot tell it is him they need to assess the threat then act accordingly. "Being scared of out of their minds." is not an excuse for shooting at innocent people.

gamefreakgcb

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2004
The sad thing is, no matter what happens, the only ones on the hook will be the tax-payers (pay the severance pay, SS, healthcare, etc.) for all the shitbags in the story. I hope they all fucking get treated exactly how they treated others.

Meractik

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2003
What story were you checking? There were two separate shootings, one where there were two ladies delivering newspapers that got shot up. A 71 years old got shot twice in the back, the other suffers injuries related to being shot. Another shooting occurred minutes later to a surfer who was driving a black Honda truck. They rammed his truck before shooting at him, luckily he did not sustain injuries.

In both incidents, the occupants were shot without warnings or commands or identifications.

Know your facts, they're important in these situations.

I did not know about anymore than 1 shooting that I saw on the news with a blue pickup truck with two females inside, had lots of bullet holes through the windshield. I was and am only talking about that one incident. I did not know there were more with actual injuries, if that is the case than it only gives cause for my argument of the officers acting unjustly.

Edit: Oops you're right SSSnail, I was a little misinformed... the ladies delivering newspaper was the one I was referring too, I did not know there were more. luckily none of them where killed but both sustained injuries, that is very sad. :(

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/ex-cop-manhunt-newspaper-delivery-women-shot.html

Last edited:

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
I did not know about anymore than 1 shooting that I saw on the news with a blue pickup truck with two females inside, had lots of bullet holes through the windshield. I was and am only talking about that one incident. I did not know there were more with actual injuries, if that is the case than it only gives cause for my argument of the officers acting unjustly.

The blue pickup truck shooting was the one with injuries; and yes, the LAPD has put itself above the law in these instances, skipping due process and everything else along the way.

Vic Vega

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2010
The blue pickup truck shooting was the one with injuries; and yes, the LAPD has put itself above the law in these instances, skipping due process and everything else along the way.

Also of note for the blue truck the LAPD shot the truck from behind and it had tinted glass. They had no one of knowing who was inside, they just lit it up from a distance. That truck looked like it came from Iraq with the amount of times they shot it. Those men, and whoever gave the order, should be tried for murder.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
News story says they tried to get misdemeanor charges filed but when the video came out then it went to felony. I'd really like to know the resolution on that case.

It's even more sad how none of the guys did anything and just watched this guy beat the shit out of the bartender. :(

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2009-06-24/news/0906240135_1_jail-time-bar-correct-sentence

Found guilty on a FELONY. he got 2 years probation. the judge didn't feel he deserved jail time for what he did.

So the bartender sued the city of chicago over the BS that happened. claiming the "blue wall" protected him and let him off.

She wins $850k!

then Rahm Emunauel (mayor of chicago) tried to get the courts to "erase the verdict" The courts said fuck you.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-12-21/news/ct-met-abbate-ruling-code-of-silence-20121221_1_code-of-silence-verdict-abbate-case-police-code

A federal jury's judgment that a "code of silence" in the Chicago Police Department protects rogue officers will stand, the trial judge ruled Thursday, rejecting the Emanuel administration's attempt to erase the verdict from one of the department's most notorious scandals.

The ruling amounted to a second legal defeat for the city in the case of a drunken off-duty police officer whose video-recorded beating of a female bartender in 2007 went viral on the Internet.

A federal jury ruled last month that the city should pay former bartender Karolina Obrycka $850,000 after finding that fellow officers covered up for Anthony Abbate, who eventually was convicted of a felony and fired. The city then cut a deal with Obrycka, offering to pay her the settlement immediately if she agreed to join in asking the court to vacate the judgment.

Phanuel

Platinum Member
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah, I'm totally cool with firearms being only in the hands of the police. Protect and serve am I right?

This is ridiculous, why would I trust any police anymore after this fiasco?

Anonemous

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Crazy, so the judge who reviewed Dorner's case resigned due to corruption charges?

tfusa0 at 3:02 PM February 11, 2013
CREDIBILITY? The judge who reviewed Dorner's case lacked credibility if you look into his past.
State Superior Court Judge David P. Yaffe admitted in court testimony to taking the illegal payments. Fine also cites where Judge Yaffe admitted in his Minute Order on July 13, 2010 that he lied to the higher courts when ruling against him following Fine's petition to the U.S. Supreme Court citing "Fraud Upon the Court"
JUDGE YAFFE RESIGNS
It is believed the unexpected resignation of State Superior Court Judge David P. Yaffe a few weeks ago was prompted by both the Richard I Fine case and the Sturgeon vs. County of L.A. case won by the Judicial Watch organization.

PR Newswire (http://s.tt/1tH6k)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/11/christopher-dorner-lapd-grievance-judge
Three witnesses – two hotel employees and a port police officer – testified that they did not see the kicks. Dorner was dismissed. During an appeal in 2010 a county superior court judge, David Yaffe, concluded he was "uncertain whether the training officer kicked the suspect or not", according to court records cited by the Times. Nevertheless, the judge upheld the sacking.

Last edited:

Anonemous

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
aZgkUOI.jpg