Coolest province in Canada!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PeeluckyDuckee

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
No surprise if noone voted Manitoba. Hell, everybody knows the East and West, but it's like there's a ig hole in the middle, we're invisible.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I've only been in BC and Alberta, but BC has to be the best. Just too many mountains, too much wilderness, Wildlife everywhere, how can any other Provincce top it?

Ontario is the centre of the Universe, everyone knows it, but BC is the Garden of Eden and everyone knows that as well! ;)

Northern Ontario looks pretty cool though, if you don't get sucked dry by the mosquitos and black flies.

Nomada

Banned
Apr 27, 2005
Alberta simply because of diversity. Huge mountains, the best ski resorts, desert, sand dunes, chinooks in winter, oil, more oil, best agriculture and everyone has money. Oh yeah, and the best fishing.

cavemanmoron

Lifer
Mar 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Hyperblaze
To not be left out from the yankee thread, which province do you think is the coolest?

Hmm where can I get the meterological data for Northeren Canada,showing the daily avg temps???

Do your own homework.;)

jalaram

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
I used to live in Toronto and have seen Ottawa (ON), Vancouver, Victoria (BC), and Montreal (QC). My preferences are:

3 - Ontario
2 - Quebec
1 - BC

Toronto's a great city, but Montreal has the Jazz Festival :thumbsup: and better restaurants. Vancouver is IMHO an amazing city and it's tied with Sydney for places I would most love to live.

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by: PeeluckyDuckee
No surprise if noone voted Manitoba. Hell, everybody knows the East and West, but it's like there's a ig hole in the middle, we're invisible.

I voted for us. :)

Patt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
Alberta ... BC is pretty great too, but the Alberta Rockies trump everything. I'm heading there in about 4 hours for a 5 day golf vacation in paradise, the only downside is that it is about a nine hour drive from my home in Northern Alberta.

SaturnX

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
Being an Ontarian, well, I said Ontario.. Quebec's nice too... but just to nitpick.. shouldn't the title be Coolest Province or Territory? I mean Nunavut, Yukon, and NWT, are territories, not provinces.... but hey I'm just being a pain in the a$$

--Mark

Horus

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Nomada
Alberta simply because of diversity. Huge mountains, the best ski resorts, desert, sand dunes, chinooks in winter, oil, more oil, best agriculture and everyone has money. Oh yeah, and the best fishing.

And...y'know...big-ass rivers flooding your house. That's cool too.

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Horus
Originally posted by: Nomada

And...y'know...big-ass rivers flooding your house. That's cool too.

current affairs zing. :)

RedRooster

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
"Next up, Olga Babaganoosh. She's a meat drainer from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan."
If it's on MXC, it's on the map. Saskatchewan all the way! :D