Cooler Master ThermalFusion 400 - High Performance Thermal Compound?

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103059

This popped up on the front page of Newegg, was just curious if anyone had used this paste? Seems like every little company is coming out with their own thermal paste these days.

I'm a longtime Arctic Silver 5 user, it spreads easy, and is still very competitive with "top pastes" when it comes down to it. But I recently decided to broaden my horizons a bit, and picked up a few tubes of MX-4 off of ebay, and then ordered some DeepCool Z5 paste too, because it was only $4.99 for a 3g tube. More paste than I probably need for 10 years, given that I still have a couple of barely-used tubes of AS5 around here somewhere.

Edit: It seems rather... expensive? List price is twice that of AS5, and even the sale price of $8.99 that it's currently at, is more than the $6.49 that Newegg wants for AS5. Is it really going to be twice as good as AS5? I really doubt it.

Edit: Hmm, nearly all of the Newegg reviews are positive, and plenty of them claim that this paste works better, and is 2-10C cooler than AS5 in comparison.

Last edited:

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
larry i know you build a lot of machines..

I did a lot of testing.. and well...
For people like you and me, this is the end all solution:

http://www.amazon.com/Prolimatech-P...d=1449619141&sr=8-4&keywords=Prolimatech+pk-1

30g of excellent thermal paste... its the best $$$ / quality ratio period.
TIMOverallScore5.png

My thoughts on white paste... i dont like it.. nor will i use it unless its for sub degree temps, as the gray stuff tends to clump at lower temps.
PK-1 is my favorate because I get the most repeatable mounting results from it, which means its fairly noob friendly due to how easy it is to apply, and how constant the results are.

Last edited:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
larry i know you build a lot of machines..

I did a lot of testing.. and well...
For people like you and me, this is the end all solution:

http://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-MX-4-T...=UTF8&qid=1449618809&sr=8-1&keywords=mx-4+20g

20g of excellent thermal paste... its the best $$$ / quality ratio period.

I saw the 20g tube of MX-4 at Newegg for $20 the other day. Considering that the 4g tube cost me $7 on ebay, that's not a bad deal.

Most of my recent builds have all been with stock heatsinks with pre-applied paste, so I haven't had need for much paste lately.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
I saw the 20g tube of MX-4 at Newegg for $20 the other day. Considering that the 4g tube cost me $7 on ebay, that's not a bad deal.

Most of my recent builds have all been with stock heatsinks with pre-applied paste, so I haven't had need for much paste lately.

actually u got me on my edit..

30g of PK-1 is a better deal.... as PK-1 is far superior then MX-4

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
actually u got me on my edit..

30g of PK-1 is a better deal.... as PK-1 is far superior then MX-4

Thanks (for the graph, too). I'll keep that in mind, next time I order paste.

I don't generally buy the "huge" paste amounts though, even though they're cheaper. I guess I figure multiple smaller ones "keep" better.