COOLER MASTER Centurion 534 Cone

stahlhart

Super Moderator Graphics Cards
Dec 21, 2010
I put my last build in one of these. I found that that cone helps keep the temps down a little bit, by focusing outside air on/through the CPU fan rather than stagnant warm air from inside. It's a couple of degrees, but it's something.

I've been having trouble with static discharge on the rounded corner screens rebooting the PC -- has that ever happened to you? I bump into one of those by mistake and reboot it every once in a while, and need to be careful of that.

I have the CPU cooler drawing through the cone as intake, a fan in front at the bottom as intake, and the one in back as exhaust.

boozie

Oct 12, 2006
Never had that particular issue before, but I've had more than my fair share of issues with booting inside this case. I never really thought to use that front area with a fan. Does it do much? I assume it just draws air through those rounded side screens. Is that 80mm or 120 over there?

Dec 10, 2005
I had one on my 541, but recently removed it when I put in a tower hsf. I could have removed it sooner though; it didn't really line up with the stock heatsink.

Edit:
You'd definitely want the side panel one (if you removed the duct and put a fan in its place) to be an intake, since the processor fan blows down onto the heatsink.

Last edited:

stahlhart

Super Moderator Graphics Cards
Dec 21, 2010
Never had that particular issue before, but I've had more than my fair share of issues with booting inside this case. I never really thought to use that front area with a fan. Does it do much? I assume it just draws air through those rounded side screens. Is that 80mm or 120 over there?

I completely forgot earlier that I also have a 120mm fan blowing in on the side panel, under the cone. It's also 120mm in front. I doubt that the front fan does anywhere near as much as the side fan and the cone do, but it's an Athlon XP2500+, so I need everything I can muster to keep the temps down. That thing is a space heater.

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
If your using a stock style fan and it lines up fairly well then use it.

Side fan use as intake as exhaust it'll do nothing of benefit.