Cool Video

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

2Xtreme21

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2004
Originally posted by: herkulease
same thing in vietnam.

1st time youre there you're like OMG they are gonna run my ass over. 2nd day you're used to it.

Yeah you have more of a chance of getting run over if you don't walk confidently and predictably on the street. The cars will avoid you so it makes crossing the street relatively easy.

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Pedestrians are totally fvxored if something goes wrong.

There were cars passing with a foot of a pedestrian on both sides without caution! GEEZ.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
That's a hell of a lot of motorcycles. And I like how no one tried to cut off the buses. heh.

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
I can't see that working well here in the US. Older drivers are 100% fixated on being told what to do by signals. There are a set of rules that you follow that get you to your destination. We thrive on not having to pay any real attention to our driving. If forced to pay attention constantly, I could see a lot of problems with the >45 crowd.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
well they didn't have nice cars till recently, all u could guy was a communist style pos cranked out by some inefficient indian factory.

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: Pepsi90919
where are you guys seeing this 'white car'. i see lots of white cars.

About 2/3-3/4 of the way through, towards the top right, going against traffic.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
wow, within inches of bike riders... and that's no exaggeration.

zephyrprime

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
For those saying that this is an awesome system, keep in mind that India has a really high accident rate:

The country already has one of the world's highest accident rates, with more than 80,000 traffic-related deaths a year. Few police officers patrol its roads, ensuring that pretty much anything goes.
http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/12/05/news/india.php

The US has about 40000/year but the number of miles logged in the US is way higher than in India.

Cristatus

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: zephyrprime
For those saying that this is an awesome system, keep in mind that India has a really high accident rate:

The country already has one of the world's highest accident rates, with more than 80,000 traffic-related deaths a year. Few police officers patrol its roads, ensuring that pretty much anything goes.
http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/12/05/news/india.php

The US has about 40000/year but the number of miles logged in the US is way higher than in India.

People often drive inter-state (or rather, get driven, because we have busses that do that) in India.

Anyways, my point is: how many accidents do European countries have? Where did you find these numbers? I can't find them in the article, but maybe I wasn't reading carefully enough (skim reading rather).