cool i get Friday off

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
migrated from Crystal 9 to Crystal XI R2 on sat evening start time of 5pm. well me and the developer didnt get out of here until 2am. Testers started their testing sunday and were done and i was plowing through the setting to see if everything is good and see a very bad thing. all reports did not get assigned to the user but to administrator. :| :| :| :|

delete crystal XI and its SP1 which takes a fricken hour then delete sql db. start over. 12 hours later and now monday morning im ready for the testers. they do their thing find one issue that faxing isnt working. if found my fat finger mistake and fix it. i then switched our web users from crystal 9 to XI monday evening.

another problem comes up. there is a problem with all of the scheduled reoccurring reports. for some reason the conversion process hosed their permissions. we are trying to fix it on the db side but I am not rebuilding the environment. out of 11K users there are only 350 reoccurring reports if the sql gods cant fix it the users will just have to recreate the reports.

but anyway the purpose of this thread is to brag that my boss called me this morning and told me to take friday off. :D

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Hehe, IT operations always have to deal with this kind of stuff, the flexibility of taking time off is nice though, enjoy your long weekend :beer: :D