cool deviantart

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
Nice stuff. How do people make those things? They are usually real amazing and there are thousands similar or better all over the net.

Malak

Lifer
Dec 4, 2004
Originally posted by: Adaman
Nice stuff. How do people make those things? They are usually real amazing and there are thousands similar or better all over the net.

Actually some of his stuff I could probably mimic in photoshop, been thinking of trying. It just takes experience and artistic perspective.

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
While I'm not normally one of those 'been there, done that' types, his pieces don't stand out to me, in what has become a sea of "abstract wavy lines combined with high tech schematic-stuff and fractals on muted backgrounds" art there.

I'm not implying it's not art - I've just seen variations on that theme for a couple of years now.

The first guy I saw doing it was http://polaus.deviantart.com/ and I've not really seen anyone improve on his style. He might have picked it up from someone else, but that's where I saw it first. His (old? - seems down now) site was excellent.

edit: googled him and found his new site...

Malak

Lifer
Dec 4, 2004
Anyone else notice the counter on the mainpage? There's like a new deviation every second. It's freaking crazy.

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
I didn't want to make a new thread so...bump! I want to take a crack at making some arty-stuff like that, specifically to use as my desktop wallpaper. For some reason I'm real picky when it comes to wallpaper and I might be better off trying to make my own, plus it'd be cool to tell people I made my desktop background :D - Any chance I could make anything like that artist (linked to in the op)? I don't expect them to come out that good even if I could get an idea of how to do it, but I want to try anyways. Can you really make those with photoshop only? Gotta be some programs specifically made for that 3dish/abstractish type art. Probably some tutorials out there too, link me up.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000

meh, exactly
tired of seeing this same crap all over the place. i don't get whats so cool about it.

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
Originally posted by: pontifex

meh, exactly
tired of seeing this same crap all over the place. i don't get whats so cool about it.

Well, the stuff the OP linked to didn't really seem like anything special to me, but it's still nice work, even though it's fairly common stuff.

Can an average joe like me come anywhere close to making any of that? I want to take a shot at it.

SonnyDaze

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2004
Originally posted by: pontifex

meh, exactly