Cooking a Hot Pocket without the crisping sleeve...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Does it really make that much of a difference. I've touched the silver part after it had been microwaved and it didn't seem that hot. Would a Hot Pocket cooked without be limp and soggy?

ahenkel

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2009
They're still edible they don't get soggy. Its more the bread is soft than crusty

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
Does it really make that much of a difference. I've touched the silver part after it had been microwaved and it didn't seem that hot. Would a Hot Pocket cooked without be limp and soggy?

It's called a CRISPING SLEEVE for a reason.

Without it, it doesn't get Crispy.

You'll have a Soggy pocket.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
If you don't place it in there when you cook it they come for you when you sleep.

Where do you think they get the meat for all those hot pockets?

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
The sleeve makes a difference, but it doesn't make it anywhere near crispy. I cook my Hot Pockets for about 40 seconds in the microwave with no sleeve. Then dunk them in my Fry Daddy at 350 for about 1:30. They taste better, and have an awesome, real crispiness to them. If I had no fry daddy I would definitely go with the sleeve. The slight difference it makes is enough to warrant using them.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
One thing I've noticed is that all the classic goodies that used to be great when cooked in a conventional oven now suck when cooked in a conventional oven, due to being 'reformulated' for the microwave, yet they still suck when cooked in a microwave, just less so than before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.