Conway: No plan to pursue charges against Clinton

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
I hope no tax cuts for the middle class with the deficit we have. I hope huge tax increases on the top 1%.

This is going to be a nightmare with Republicans controlling everything. Look for massive spending increases (particularly military) and massive tax cuts for the wealthy. Look for banking deregulation and new bubbles created by that deregulation.

That's nothing. Paul Ryan has his eyes on gutting Social Security and now the GoP has the power to do it.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
I never said you made that argument. Nowhere did I claim that. Try to keep up.

however I am asking you, as a dedicated minion of the right, why isn't everything just peachy keen by now? How has the Republican party, with so much power, not managed to deliver us salvation or something close to it?
I am not a minion, I have my political philosophy and I'm here trying to express it, just like you. In any case, I'll take this as a concession that I'm right and that you agree that the Democrats have been getting decimated the last 6 years.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I am not a minion, I have my political philosophy and I'm here trying to express it, just like you. In any case, I'll take this as a concession that I'm right and that you agree that the Democrats have been getting decimated the last 6 years.

I've always been aware of this country's political voting process for many years now. Never said anything otherwise.

Which is why, as you Trumpists crow that Trump latched onto a nerve about the wrong way this country is going and rode that to the White House - therefore asking you, WHY, if the Republicans have held so much power in the last 6 years, why is everything so goddamn shitty?

You will refuse to even attempt to answer that question, as has been evident by your numerous deflections already.

I woudn't have expected anything more to be honest.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
I've always been aware of this country's political voting process for many years now. Never said anything otherwise.

Which is why, as you Trumpists crow that Trump latched onto a nerve about the wrong way this country is going and rode that to the White House - therefore asking you, WHY, if the Republicans have held so much power in the last 6 years, why is everything so goddamn shitty?

You will refuse to even attempt to answer that question, as has been evident by your numerous deflections already.

I woudn't have expected anything more to be honest.
Haha, I won't follow your deflection so I'm deflecting.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
That's nothing. Paul Ryan has his eyes on gutting Social Security and now the GoP has the power to do it.

They won't do a damn thing about that. I absolutely guarantee it. It is a political impossibility. That is a voting bloc of unmatched power in the United States. You hit that and you sweep the Republicans completely out of power and Republicans realize this.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

You merely stepped right in it crowing about how Repubs have been winning for the last six years & during the Bush years while attempting to blame Dems for today's situation.

Repubs have a lot of gall claiming it's Dems' fault while they've held the power.

In the post-truth "reality" of Trumpsters it doesn't matter a bit, does it?

It's all Obama's fault. Everything.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The FBI does as was relayed to the House by the head of the FBI. No reason to prosecute though unless a new reason to do so pops up.

So, there never was a reason to prosecute, was there? Obviously not or it would have been done, meaning the whole exercise was just more bullshit.

Jul 9, 2009
So, there never was a reason to prosecute, was there? Obviously not or it would have been done, meaning the whole exercise was just more bullshit.
No, the Obama appointed Attorney General (you know the one on the tarmac with Bill) didn't want it prosecuted and didn't appoint a Grand Jury.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
No, the Obama appointed Attorney General (you know the one on the tarmac with Bill) didn't want it prosecuted and didn't appoint a Grand Jury.

Bullshit. Unless you're claiming that Comey lied which would just be a bigger conspiracy theory, obviously.

Jul 9, 2009
Bullshit. Unless you're claiming that Comey lied which would just be a bigger conspiracy theory, obviously.
No Comey told the truth, but he had no choice since the fucking Attorney General (Loretta Lynch) refused to appoint a Grand Jury. Dude, it isn't rocket science.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

I simply responded to your point and made a relevant point in return. It's called a discussion.

We'll just leave it at the Republicans pretty much suck at having so much power and governing, but are really good at getting folks to blame other people for it. I think that's fair to say.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
No Comey told the truth, but he had no choice since the fucking Attorney General (Loretta Lynch) refused to appoint a Grand Jury. Dude, it isn't rocket science.

Have you started working on Sessions' excuse?

Oh who am I kidding you're waiting for instructions from Bannon's mouthpiece.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
They won't do a damn thing about that. I absolutely guarantee it. It is a political impossibility. That is a voting bloc of unmatched power in the United States. You hit that and you sweep the Republicans completely out of power and Republicans realize this.

I tend to agree with you. But as you well know, we should never underestimate the treachery that the GOP is capable of, because they're in total control of the nation for that very reason.

They will keep screwing with things, manipulating things in the background, incessantly soaking people's heads with hate and fear and then point to themselves about how they have all the answers to these very convenient and handy imaginary monsters they themselves created.

As witnessed by the popular vote, the "fewer" can control the many. Given its natural course should the GOP gets it just right, it will be the very few, or the one, that will hold the power to control the nation's destiny, rather than the people themselves.

The GOP wants to own the government so they can not so much dismantle it, but instead to hand it over to the very few. You know, the government of, for and by the people? That government? And they've convinced millions of folks that to "dismantle" it is a really good thing. It's so amazing that these folks are more than willing to give the power they possess in having a strong and healthy government over to the ones that are incessantly trying to destroy it and replace it with an entity whose only purpose is to invest the resources of the nation in themselves at the expense of the very people who gave them the ability to do it.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

It's apparently rocket science to you. Comey said that no responsible prosecutor would bring such a case making convening a grand jury an absurd proposition. If he wanted a grand jury he obviously would have said so. He did not.

Jul 9, 2009
It's apparently rocket science to you. Comey said that no responsible prosecutor would bring such a case making convening a grand jury an absurd proposition. If he wanted a grand jury he obviously would have said so. He did not.
That's not what Comey said, have another go at it.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Grand juries are used to determine if there is probable cause to prosecute. You don't convene a grand jury to prosecute somebody.