Converting from RF modulator to RCAs possible?

sluthy

Sep 25, 2005
I know it's not exactly computer-related, but it's electronics-related and Peripherals seemed the best place to put it. I'm more likely to get responses on this forum than any other.

I want to pull out the old Sega Megadrive (Genesis to the rest of you) for a bit of nostalgic gaming. I've got a 3-way AV selector (RCA) with the VCR in one and the N64 in another, and space for the MD i the third. However, I only have an RF modulator for the MD, which has to piggyback with the aerial in an arrangement that compromises everything. I can't find any stereo AV leads for the MD2 in Australia (and I'm not big on spending >$25 on importing one from the UK or US), the only ones I see are mono.

Is there a way to come from the RF modulator into a three-prong RCA lead or something? What's the best thing to do?

(While we're on it, I want to see if I can get the even older NES working. Same problem...)
EDIT: Forget the NES, just realised it already has RCA-outs :). They were thinking ahead, weren't they?

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001
Where is the aerial hooked up? Is it running to the VCR or the TV directly?

Would it be possible to hook up the Sega to the TV's input of to the VCR is one of those is not used?