Converting from miniDV --> PAL VHS tape

Pauli

Oct 14, 1999
I am in the US and have a miniDV camcorder recording of my wedding and need to convert it to a PAL format VHS tape for my in-laws in Germany. I know that after I transfer the footage to my computer (via firewire), I can use TMPGenc to convert to PAL format on my computer. What I don't know is how to get that file to a PAL format VHS tape. Can I output via my ATI TV Wonder composite connectors to a regular NTSC VCR? Or do I need a Multisystem VCR or Converting Multisystem VCR? If any of this is possible, what software can I use to get it to the VCR?

Any help is appreciated.

skatertech

Nov 9, 2002
If you have a card that supports output, you can. Before I go any further, what model is the card? If it is a TV Wonder, you don't have output capabilities.

Do you have a CD Burner? You could burn a VCD and send that to them.

slicksilver

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2000
try asking at vcdhelp.com or doom9.org.....those guys are video editing, conversions yada yada gods

Pauli

Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: skatertech
If you have a card that supports output, you can. Before I go any further, what model is the card? If it is a TV Wonder, you don't have output capabilities.

Oh, the TV Wonder connections are for Input only? Crap. I already know how to burn VCDs in PAL format, but, unfortunately, my wife's parents don't have a DVD player.

LethalWolfe

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Pauli
Originally posted by: skatertech

Oh, the TV Wonder connections are for Input only? Crap. I already know how to burn VCDs in PAL format, but, unfortunately, my wife's parents don't have a DVD player.

Buy them a DVD player for Xmas? ;)

Lethal

Pauli

Oct 14, 1999
Buy them a DVD player for Xmas?

Well, they're divorced, so I would need to buy them each a DVD player. Oh, and her sister too. So this is out of the question.