convert PDF to MS Powerpoint?

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I've never seen any way to convert PDF's to vector based file formats, but it's easy to convert them to high-res image files.

I don't know all that much about Acrobat's file format, my roommate would be able to tell you more.

I know it's not a raster based format, though, as text and fonts are embedded into the document.

I seriously doubt it's possible to save it in such a way as to re-gain editable objects within the document.

Viper GTS

Bluga

Banned
Nov 28, 2000

Thanks, the reason i'm asking is that we have like 100 pages of PDF file but only a few sentence on each page, i'm looking for a way to condense it :)

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Since the text is embedded you should be able to extract it (if the text is all you're concerned with).

Viper GTS

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
What I'd like to know is HOW IN GOD'S NAME DID PDF BECOME A STANDARD FORMAT???? Nothing like downloading a 50 meg PDF that could have been a 1 meg .DOC or HMTL file
rolleye.gif
I REALLY hate getting them as attachments in email----takes forever to download with a dialup when on the road.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Fritzo
What I'd like to know is HOW IN GOD'S NAME DID PDF BECOME A STANDARD FORMAT???? Nothing like downloading a 50 meg PDF that could have been a 1 meg .DOC or HMTL file
rolleye.gif
I REALLY hate getting them as attachments in email----takes forever to download with a dialup when on the road.

PDF's are extremely versatile, they provide an easy way to transport EXACTLY what you want to without worrying about the person having the correct app to open the file, differences in platform, formatting, etc. When done properly, PDF's are also very compact.

Viper GTS