conspiracy theories! post em!

gregshin

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2000
Ok...here's one that is wierd....

There are some conspiracy theorists out there who contended during the 1980s that the U.S. and, what was then, the USSR, would never destroy each other and the rest of the world at the same time because they were in fact really the same country. Documented clandestine meetings between the leaders of the two countries and secret grain shipments from the U.S. to the U.S.S.R. proved this theory.

JayMassive

Aug 8, 2003
I found a conspiracy theory that said government officials go on forums and post messages asking others to post their conspiracy theories so that they can trace the computer back to the user's house and arrest them. Crazy stuff out there...

j'son

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
I have heard around here that coldcut is held back from being promoted to moderator status.

I had a lady come into the computing site once who said that the U-M was recruiting professors to head up puppet governments and that the profs would eventually be assigned to head up countries like Turkmenistan, Sri Lanka and Singapore because the U.S. would launch covert incursions to take out the current heads of state of those countries. She also told me that she thought the U.S. government murdered her brother. The details were a bit murky on that one.

She wanted my help to proofread an email to the Regents of the University. She was Asian, BTW with a heavy accent. I think she might have been paranoid schizophrenic.

I'm dead serious. :(

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Originally posted by: jumpr
I had a lady come into the computing site once who said that the U-M was recruiting professors to head up puppet governments and that the profs would eventually be assigned to head up countries like Turkmenistan, Sri Lanka and Singapore because the U.S. would launch covert incursions to take out the current heads of state of those countries. She also told me that she thought the U.S. government murdered her brother. The details were a bit murky on that one.

She wanted my help to proofread an email to the Regents of the University. She was Asian, BTW with a heavy accent. I think she might have been paranoid schizophrenic.

I'm dead serious. :(

This is a very old conspiracy theory. Such theories have been around since my grand mother's time. Back then the theory was that England has these people whom it trains to act like locals of different countries, and then go there and incite riots and make things unstable, so that the British govt can take advantage of it.