Conservatives: You now have nobody else to blame.

I'm Typing

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Fact: The congress has a majority of Republicans in both houses.
Fact: GW Bush is going to win this election (with Jeb running Florida, there is no fscking way bushlite is going to lose).

Democratics can just pack up and leave Washington; they are not needed. Every single budget initiative, and any law that GW wants passed will go through, because he is a uniter not a devider. And he has the rank and file votes to do whatever he wants.

Our current situation: Stock market is high, inflation and joblessness are below 4%, and we are living in unparalleled prosperity. Government will no longer be holding business back, so there is no reason for stopping unbridled growth.

Our coastlines in Florida and Alaska are currently clear of oil wells and oil spills, and Everglades restoration is occuring apace. It is up to you now, to show us how you treat the natural wonders of our country.

In other words, the RepubliKlans have the ability to let their true light shine. They have carte blanche now, and all we can do is sit back and watch. I would recommend that you print this and store it away, and see how the country is doing in two or four years with the return of "voodoo economics" and the rise of new intolerance and arrogance from Washington.

Conservatives will now have NOBODY to blame but themselves. I really wonder how they are going to make it "our" fault if the country tanks in the next four years.

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
im typing

thak you for the insightful comment. your right, with the congress and new prez on the same page there no telling what they can do ...al i can say is they better do something good or im never voteing for a republican again...

I'm Typing

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< Bore lost. Get over it. >>

Hmm, I thought that is what I just did.
Do you hear me arguing the election?
Now I am arguing what the conservatives are going to do to us. Bushlite will no longer be able to hide, he will have to make good on his promises; unlike the last 10 presidents, he cannot point a finger at Congress to blame when things do not go his way.

No, I am not going to be a bitter whiner like Rush and give daily &quot;The country held hostage, day ONE&quot; posts, but you can be sure I will be watching what bushlite does.

We all will be watching.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Bush will be interesting... Better than Gore to make fun of... Dana Carvey must be crappin' in his pants...

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
<<In other words, the RepubliKlans have the ability to let their true light shine.>>

That's really not funny in the least.

Edit: As a matter of fact, it is disgusting. Why not just split the nation in half? You certainly don't seem to want the United States to have unity.

I'm not talking about unity as in an all-republican government or any nonsense like that, but we're all Americans, remember?

64bitloopy

Banned
Oct 11, 2000
But the conservitives aren't really in charge. It's time for the moderates to shine, and gum up the whole government with their wishy washy non opionated power nullifying any accomplishments either party could even make. Gore, Bush, it won't matter, congress and senate are going to play it too much too the middle.

Down with the whole thing. Lets do away with the electoral college, popular vote, senate, congress, and welfare. Down with government, bad is good.

Oh yeah, and more chocolate pudding for the poor.:)

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I actually found it quite funny. :D

<<&quot;voodoo economics&quot;>>

Mwahwahwa...that brings back memories. Reagan...&quot;trickle-down-theory&quot;...ROFLMAO! :D:D

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
I didn't care much for either candidate, but I wanted Gore to win because the republicans pissed me off big time during the impeachment. And it looks like that political game worked out for them.
Anyways, since I am getting out of college, done getting financial aid, and will prolly start paying mad taxes soon, this might be for the better. I am kinda selfish. I never had republican president since I immigrated here. This is Bush's chance to make me a republican.
Also, I am going to Austin tomorrow, for job interview with Cisco, and will stay a couple days there. Hope there are some celebrations planned.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

<< << Bore lost. Get over it >>

Yeah it's a good thing his Bro was in charge of Florida.
>>

Too bad the Sec. Of State in Florida is a democrat! A majority of the election officials in Florida are democrats! The person who designed the so called &quot;faulty&quot; ballot was Democrat. Warren Christopher a former Secretary of State for the U.S. is also going to help. He is a *gasp* democrat. So give some evidence of how this election was fixed. I guess those other states Bush won was fixed. Oh yeah I think the military ballots will be strong Bush. Bush favors more military spending, and Bush flew in the National Guard. Gore wants to cut defense spending and was a photographer in the service!

erub

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
It'll definitely be interesting to see what the next 2 years will bring. Will it be like 1992-1994 under Clinton, with the Democrats in power, a total colappse with his health care plans getting rejected even by the Democrats? Or will it be like 1994-2000, during which the deadlock between the Republican Congress and the Democratic President caused nothing to get done that wasn't beneficial to both sides, thereby benefitting America and creating a surplus and one of the strongest economies we've had in a long time?

Only time will tell.

I'm Typing

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Millenium: STOP THE FSCKING LIES ALREADY!!!

FACT: Gore was set to spend TWICE as much as bushlite in his budgetin crease for the military=100 billion vs 50 billion.

Bush flew a fscking desk and was AWOL for a year. Gore went to Viet Nam.
A$$hole.

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Yeah it's a good thing his Bro was in charge of Florida. >>

Red,

And your point would be?

Russ, NCNE

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000

<< Gore went to Viet Nam. >>

As a journalist.

Sure, he was armed with a Remington. A Remington typewriter.

&quot;Stop or I will throw my typewriter at you!&quot;

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Tripleshot
&quot;I wonder if the Lincoln bedroom will be remodeled for the NRA office headquarters?&quot;

No, but they will have to fumigate the Oval Office, too many spots on the furniture.

I also doubt that the Lincoln bedroom will be an expensive hotel room for big contributers as it was under Clinton.

PG

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
Jeb in charge of FL? Isn't Gore's campaign manager for FL also the attorney general for FL, and also the same guy who is in charge of this recount? I think the republicans have more to worry about when it comes to voter fraud.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm Typing and his cronies are already trying to lay the foundation for playing 'the blame game' as soon as something might go wrong down the road. Did you ever consider that maybe, maybe if everyone actually tried to do something positive instead of making sure the other party screwed up, they might get something done??

Not to mention, you conveniently seem to forget that the Clinton/Gore mess has left us in a nasty energy situation where we are completely dependent on foreign oil, with no new oil refineries being built, and no significant exploration being done in North America. The next president, Gore or Bush has a tough road to travel in that respect. I can hear it now &quot;we have inflation! It's Bush's fault!&quot; - nevermind that the neglect of an energy policy for 8 years has set us up for that.

dc

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 1999
PG: i agree. the democrats hold the power in the voting system in florida. better keep a close eye on them. ;)

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Wow, emotions rule the day and will determine the final outcome? I thought we'd gone beyond all that as a people.

So, why don't we all break out our 2nd amendment-protected weapons, move out into the streets, and settle this once and for all?

Agaemmon

Aug 7, 2000
Personally I feel that buying foreign oil is just fine. Why should we use our oil when we can use others? Paper is paper and paper is trees, yet oil takes alot longer to grow than trees do.

Capn

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
Yes buying foreign oil is good until something happens. Like a war in the middle east for example. Then anything can happen. It's very important for the US to have the sustained capability to supply our own energy needs and the needs of our allies.

On another note the Republicans have a 50-49 Majority in the senate. That is about the slimmest of majorities you could have. So please explain to me how this will allow the republicans to do whatever they want. Oh that's right it won't, partisan politics will be as strong or stronger than it is today. Unless shrub can actually do something in Washington about that, but I guess we'll see.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Very little will get done in the next four years because the Reps don't have a solid majority of right wingers. Many Reps vote with the Dems on many issues. Forget tax refunds to the wealthiest 1%. Ain't gonna happen. Forget tax refunds at all if the economy gets smarmy.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Millenium: STOP THE FSCKING LIES ALREADY!!!
FACT: Gore was set to spend TWICE as much as bushlite in his budgetin crease for the military=100 billion vs 50 billion.

If you actually believe Gore was going to follow through on that, I feel sorry for you. It is certainly not a fact.