Conservatives concoct another sexual assault hoax this time targeting Buttigieg. Fail miserably

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
His Wikipedia page is worth a read just for the impressive scale of failure and stupidity considering he's only 21 years old.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Wohl

He's already apparently under investigation by the FBI and it seems before this is all over he's going to end up in some serious trouble. I don't know if it's a failed upbringing by his insane dad or if there's something wrong with him mentally or emotionally but this will very likely not end up well for him.

Feb 4, 2009
His Wikipedia page is worth a read just for the impressive scale of failure and stupidity considering he's only 21 years old.

He's already apparently under investigation by the FBI and it seems before this is all over he's going to end up in some serious trouble. I don't know if it's a failed upbringing by his insane dad or if there's something wrong with him mentally or emotionally but this will very likely not end up well for him.

Affluenza strikes again!

Reactions: DarthKyrie

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I think it's a healthy amount of all.
You take all of the factors that produce a person that is susceptible to conservative messaging and throw in a shit ton of money at a young age and you end up with hyperconservatives like Wohl and Trump. Normal conservatives at least maintain a tiny tether to reality because they have to worry about how to pay for essentials before they can start spending on retarded pet projects like manufacturing excuses not to vote for liberals or running for POTUS.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
How are these guys not in jail, or at least under some kind of restraining order that prevents them from pulling this kinda shit??

Must be that white privilege I keep hearing doesn’t exist.

Another relevant question—how have they not learned yet from their many mistakes?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
How are these guys not in jail, or at least under some kind of restraining order that prevents them from pulling this kinda shit??

Another relevant question—how have they not learned yet from their many mistakes?

It's not actually illegal (in a criminal sense) to pay people to lie about someone sexually assaulting them so long as you aren't trying to extort them or something. It might be the case when he did so with Mueller as it was potentially intended to obstruct a government investigation or whatever, but with Butteigeig definitely not. It is defamatory though so Butteigeig or Mueller would have the ability to seek civil damages from him.

Jan 25, 2011

They aren't filing police complaints alleging a crime. They are just publicly trying to destroy someone's reputation. Under the legal system that's not criminal, it's civil. They file a legal claim that changes things but they won't.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
Maybe someone will sue him and take his money...should keep him occupied for a bit at least, for his own good.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

That was an amusing read. Of note, it appears that Wohl is the subject of an active and ongoing FBI investigation.

In April 2019, the FBI declined a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for documents relating to Surefire Intelligence, explaining that "Acknowledging the existence or non-existence of records could reasonably be expected to interfere with law enforcement proceedings", citing FOIA exemption (b)(7)(A). Reporter Colin Kalmbacher commented on Law & Crime that this is a common excuse used by law enforcement agencies, which suggests that an active FBI criminal probe against Jacob Wohl is under way

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
It's not actually illegal (in a criminal sense) to pay people to lie about someone sexually assaulting them so long as you aren't trying to extort them or something. It might be the case when he did so with Mueller as it was potentially intended to obstruct a government investigation or whatever, but with Butteigeig definitely not. It is defamatory though so Butteigeig or Mueller would have the ability to seek civil damages from him.

Sure, but I doubt Wohl has a pot to piss in. His "hedge fund manager" thing was BS. He incorporated a few entities in his teens and did some questionable advertising. Claimed to have $10 million in assets under management but an investigation revealed he never had more than 13 clients and $500K under management. If he has any money, it's from his mommy and daddy.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Sure, but I doubt Wohl has a pot to piss in. His "hedge fund manager" thing was BS. He incorporated a few entities in his teens and did some questionable advertising. Claimed to have $10 million in assets under management but an investigation revealed he never had more than 13 clients and $500K under management. If he has any money, it's from his mommy and daddy.

Oh absolutely and I hope they sue his ass off.

Someone needs to teach him the stove is hot or he will keep doing this.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Big League Politics is a far right disinformation (fake) news website started by a former Breitbart has been IIRC.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Ha ha ha ha.
Jacob Wohl. The headline for your link is correct:
"World's Biggest Moron Appears to Have Done It Again
"

Look at the this.
Jacob Wohl, the far-right shithead whose odiousness is only matched by his stupidity and incompetence, appears to have been
caught in yet another botched attempt to smear someone. His latest target? Pete Buttigieg.

That sentence reads like jacob wohl's resume.
Which actually is perfect, for someone wanting to work in this administration's
White House. (stupidity and incompetence)

Did he at least carve a backwards cocknballs into his own face?

If not, is there still time?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Apparently this massive human failure has just been busted again in an attempt to pull more Butteigeig type schemes but this time for profit:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jacob-wohls-business-plan-make-shit-up-to-game-political-betting-sites

Basically the plan was to invent false rumors about candidates to affect their odds of winning in betting markets and then place advantageous bets to profit based on their market manipulation. I’m no lawyer but that sure sounds like a crime.
Yeah but they didn't do it so it's not a crime.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yeah but they didn't do it so it's not a crime.

It sure looks like Wohl came up with a plan to commit a crime and took at least one step in furtherance of that crime. If he had any partners then that sure sounds like a crime to me.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
It sure looks like Wohl came up with a plan to commit a crime and took at least one step in furtherance of that crime. If he had any partners then that sure sounds like a crime to me.
Yeah but they didn't complete it so it is not a crime. Are you going to argue with Jim Jordan? I doubt Jordan has any reason to lie about these types of things.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

The problem is with what sounds like a crime and what constitutes one. Civil penalties? Yeah there's that but my passing familiarity with law forbids me from saying