Congratulations to France!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
conjur: Trouble is, most every country in this world is run by men with huge egos. A utopian society is far from being realized.
----------------------------------
Well I wasn't talking to men who run countries, I was trying to suggest to our local egos that tables turn on everybody at times. Humility is the antidote to 'Pride goeth before a fall'.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: Marshallj

These threats? about nuking DC are a little over the top. Threats aren't taken too lightly any more - and NO it isn't a free speach issue and there isn't a debate as to your intent;)

CkG

I don't agree with anything Moonbeam is saying, but those were NOT threats. A threat is an expression of an intention to inflict pain, injury, or evil. Nowhere did Moonbeam say that he intended to do any of those things. He just supposed a "what if?" argument. It is definitely free speech to say that.

So it was quite a stretch on your part to call that a "threat".

Not really - If I walked around town saying word for word what he said - I'm sure that I wouldn't last an hour before cops would swarm me. ;)

CkG
Where do you live, Bejing?

Nope, but the state of affairs here at home seems to have embolden some in "power" ;) Seeing as both of you didn't see the ;) and the "?" in my first reply to Moony - I will attempt to use plain english.

Some people may take what Moony said and scream terrorist, or turn him in to authorities for percieved threats. Do I think Moony was threatening? No - because I know he just like to talk to hear himself;) But others who don't know his ways may think he was serious, and seeing as ASScroft has taken it upon himself to "protect" us "helpless" civilians by attempting to steal more of our civil liberties - so in that context I don't think it would be out of the question for a person to be detained for spouting what Moony did earlier.

Got it? ;):)

I know you (moony) think I'm some big Republican blowhard that models himself after Rush Limbaugh but that assessment would be false - I have a mind of my own ;)....and right now it's saying I need a beer:p

CkG

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

Well I wasn't talking to men who run countries, I was trying to suggest to our local egos that tables turn on everybody at times. Humility is the antidote to 'Pride goeth before a fall'.
I understand that. I was trying to stretch that to a higher plateau. Lead by example, eh? Well...look at the world's leaders.

Marshallj

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003
[Some people may take what Moony said and scream terrorist, or turn him in to authorities for percieved threats. Do I think Moony was threatening? No - because I know he just like to talk to hear himself;) But others who don't know his ways may think he was serious, and seeing as ASScroft has taken it upon himself to "protect" us "helpless" civilians by attempting to steal more of our civil liberties - so in that context I don't think it would be out of the question for a person to be detained for spouting what Moony did earlier.

I do agree that if Ashcroft got his way, we'd all be living under house arrest (going to church is an exception). That man just doesn't seem right... he's a modern day McCarthy. Just replace the accusations of being a "Communist" with "Terrorist" and you've got the same guy.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
CAD: I know you (moony) think I'm some big Republican blowhard that models himself after Rush Limbaugh but that assessment would be false - I have a mind of my own ....and right now it's saying I need a beer
------------------
See, that's what I mean. Only a Republican blowhard would think of a beer at a time like this. :D

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
CAD: I know you (moony) think I'm some big Republican blowhard that models himself after Rush Limbaugh but that assessment would be false - I have a mind of my own ....and right now it's saying I need a beer
------------------
See, that's what I mean. Only a Republican blowhard would think of a beer at a time like this. :D

HA...yeah...a Democrat would be reaching for the bong...

Oh...but they wouldn't inhale!

;)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
------------------

Actually I think Republican blowhards prefer a good cigar ;)

But anyway the Beer comment was because work sucks today - people keep piling sketches on my desk and wanting them done by tommorow since they need to be sent out tommorow:| Frickin lazy @ss Engineers waiting till the last minute ;)
/end mini rant

LOL @ conjur :p

CkG

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
It would be stupid not to inhale.

We just say that so you guys stick with your cigars and never get a creative idea. It's a matter of kindness, too. We've seen the pressure gauges on your asses jump hundreds of psi at the thought somebody might be having fun. Wouldn't want any collateral dammage from rupture now would we. :D

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001

We just say that so you guys stick with your cigars and never get a creative idea. It's a matter of kindness, too. We've seen the pressure gauges on your asses jump hundreds of psi at the thought somebody might be having fun. Wouldn't want any collateral dammage from rupture now would we. :D

I'll :wine: to that.

But, careful now, moonbeam, lest you actually paint me as a conservative Republican. I usually ride the fence between party lines...going where I think my own opinions are best represented (heck, I voted for Clinton...both times...couldn't stand GHWB...and can't stand Limbaugh nor Hannity).

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: conjur

I'll :wine: to that.

But, careful now, moonbeam, lest you actually paint me as a conservative Republican. I usually ride the fence between party lines...going where I think my own opinions are best represented (heck, I voted for Clinton...both times...couldn't stand GHWB...and can't stand Limbaugh nor Hannity).

:Q

And moony thinks that my fat republican ass is in jeopardy of a rupture? I'd hate to think what that fence is doing to all you "independants" ;)

CkG

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001

And moony thinks that my fat republican ass is in jeopardy of a rupture? I'd hate to think what that fence is doing to all you "independants" ;)

CkG
I'll post an .AVI of the results after they happen ;)

Or, better yet, shall I just point my webcam down there? :Q

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: conjur

CkG
I'll post an .AVI of the results after they happen ;)

Please don't ;)

EDIT - NO - DON'T PM IT TO ME EITHER ;) :p