Congratulations and Condolences

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Bullshit! All the stuff he listed began under Obama. Not a single job was sent to China before we put a Muslim in the white House. :mad:
You are whats wrong with the Republican party......they are in total denial......

Doesn`t matter how you voted you are a symptom of what is wrong....

Until the republican party can deal effectively with the Christian Right and include womens rights and homosexual rights there will never be a Republican as POTUS!!

I would have voted Republican yet those 2 issues womens rights which includes abortion and homosexual rights turned me off.

I cannot vote for a party that does not include everybody.....

If you looked at the place where Romney gave his speech last night there were no minorities to speak of...it was almost total white....hmmm

'If you look at the place where Obama gave his speech there were people from everywhere....black, white,oriental....etc.......

America is about all people not just White so called Christians...

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I have a feeling you're the kid on the ground, judging from your comments posted here.

I have no feeling at all that he lied. The only way I could distrust what he says is if I would lie about such a thing. The only think I can think of to demean in another person is if they demean other people. He said he took care of such a person personally. It sounds like justice to me, but you have to remember that that other person and all people who demean do so because they were made to hurt as children. The only life line they have is to make somebody else feel smaller than they. Ultimately there is only love but you can't punch anybody with it. All you can do is carry your pain with as much dignity as you can and try to think how to get other people to reflect about their hate. Consciousness is our only escape.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Congratulations to everyone who supported Obama in this election!

Though Obama was not my choice, the country has spoken and your slight majority have opted to have the "leadership" of the last four years continue.

Congratulations to Putin, Chavez, Castro and Ahmadinejad. Your endorsements and support meant a lot to the President. He will be getting back to you now that he has that flexibility he was expecting.

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Allow me to summarize:

crying_fan.jpg

cirrrocco

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2004
Oh man feels so good. Pjabber suck it.

btw is Pjabber and Prof John the same. two of the most sinister trolls.

Phokus - please more funny images stat.

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009
Sour%20Grapes.jpg

Throughout this cycle, you were consistently one of the most dishonest propagandists on this board.

I hope you enjoy your lies and distortions being repudiated by the American people. Because they have.

Ha PJ's cognative dissonace continues.

"slim majority"

Republicans got their asses handed to them yesterday PJ, deal with it.

As I mentioned in another thread, you ran against a figment of your imagination and lost.

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
Joe Biden just saw his shadow... looks like 4 more years of economic winter.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
This thread made my day. :)

The Fox news meltdown live made my year, but this was an epic tantrum nonetheless.

Nov 30, 2006
I have a feeling you're the kid on the ground, judging from your comments posted here.
This goes to show you just how wrong your feelings can be.

Anyway, after the fight this guy suddenly wanted to be my friend. He later gave me a tack hammer that he had made in metal shop. I'm 57 years old and have it to this day. The hammer is actually pretty pathetic as the handle was bent some time ago. But for some reason, I can't throw it away. I don't know why he wanted to be my friend...maybe it was because I didn't kick the crap out of him when everyone yelled for me to do it...I don't really know. But I do know this...some people get it...and some people don't.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Cliffs: I am a butthurt, hugely self-regarding blowhard. I am more of a small-minded partisan than a patriot. The people of our Republic have spoken, but I have my fingers in my ears and refuse to listen, for I am a rhetorically enabled dead-ender.

I desperately hoped for Mormon mediocrity, but I got political and demographic reality instead. I am sad, because it's true: reality really does have a liberal, moderate bias. :(

FTFY.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
This goes to show you just how wrong your feelings can be.

Anyway, after the fight this guy suddenly wanted to be my friend. He later gave me a tack hammer that he had made in metal shop. I'm 57 years old and have it to this day. The hammer is actually pretty pathetic as the handle was bent some time ago. But for some reason, I can't throw it away. I don't know why he wanted to be my friend...maybe it was because I didn't kick the crap out of him when everyone yelled for me to do it...I don't really know. But I do know this...some people get it...and some people don't.

Schoolyard psychology has been examined quite a bit, you should read up on it.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
On a side note, I'm waiting for the Obama kids to be of legal age...must suppress impure thoughts...

Made me think of The Onion from when the Bush twins turned 18. "Bush Federally protected wetlands now open for public drilling" or something like that...

lol

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Doc, honestly: if Romney had won and a Democrat had posted something like that, wouldn't you have just considered it a long-form whine?

Nov 30, 2006
Doc, honestly: if Romney had won and a Democrat had posted something like that, wouldn't you have just considered it a long-form whine?
Nope...I expressed my feelings and I think that's OK. I never told that story to anybody before as it's been quite personal for me. I'm actually surprised by accusations of lying and whining. And now I regret. I was talking about people and how they treat each other....isn't that rich?

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
Nope...I expressed my feelings and I think that's OK. I never told that story to anybody before as it's been quite personal for me. I'm actually surprised by accusations of lying and whining. And now I regret. I was talking about people and how they treat each other....isn't that rich?

Thanks for expressing your feelings. And that's the key word, FEELINGS. "...Dark times ahead". LOL.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012

I was referring to the OP, not your personal story. Sorry, my post was unclear.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
I remember back in 2004 when GWB handily won re-election, many forums on the Internet were filled with posts of a similar tone and attitude as the OP. Those people believed the sky was falling and it was midnight in America.

They were wrong.

I find no reason to believe the OP's claims of doom and gloom will be any more prescient than the ones from 2004.

Nov 30, 2006
I remember back in 2004 when GWB handily won re-election, many forums on the Internet were filled with posts of a similar tone and attitude as the OP. Those people believed the sky was falling and it was midnight in America.

They were wrong.

I find no reason to believe the OP's claims of doom and gloom will be any more prescient than the ones from 2004.
They were right.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010

They were wrong.

Pretty much. having an elephant or a donkey in the White House will really not going to affect America as much as these drama queens (cough*doc savage*cough) make it out to be.

Amurrica has lasted for the past 200+ years through all kinds of shit storms, having a Democratic black president is not the end of the world. Stop being whiney little girls.

crashtestdummy

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2010
So a theocratic Christian country would be better under Romney?

I'm going to keep posting these videos until someone gets the point. Kerry lost in 2004 because he kept on flip-flopping on key topics. Romney did the same this year. I'd rather have someone in power with some sort of plan than a plan that changes every other week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPgfzknYd20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZfXvFAeHVo

To be fair, I think the thing for Romney is that he really doesn't give a damn about most of those things he flip-flopped on. He sees himself as a management consultant. He cares about making the machine run better, not enforcing social mores. A much smarter tactic that could have beaten Obama in the election would be:

"Abortion? Gay rights? Obamacare? Immigration? I really don't give a damn about those things. In fact, as president, I will promise not to touch any of those things with a ten foot pole. We're in an economic crisis, and all anyone can seem to talk about is social issues. If you elect me, you're doing it for one purpose: to fix this economy. We've already wasted enough time on these side issues, don't make me waste any more. Now here's what I'll do, in fine detail..."

I'm not sure that this approach could have made it through the primary (and for that Republicans have no one to blame but themselves), but it would have done a lot to sway moderates. He also needed to do the italics, but was so afraid that his vision would prove unpopular that he refused. That is sad.