conflict: denied ops

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
played the demo...not very good. gameplay could be cool, but its kind of confusing to try to keep switching and controlling 2 characters. graphics weren't so hot either.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
The TV ads made this game look cool. I was wondering when the forums would speak of it.

I think I'll avoid it.

Peelback79

Oct 26, 2007
I'll definetely try the demo before buying. But my gut feeling is that 7/10's my be a bit high for this game. The main rave point for this game is the destroyable environments and buildings. The story line doesn't really grab me but a really mediocre single player game can be buyable if the multiplayer offers something unique and fun. However awesome it may be, when you deal with a lot of physics and destructible environments you're going to have l...a....g..... Which tells me that online play may consist of pretty small maps to try and help counter this.

Not 100% either way on this one. Demo's can be misleading. I'll reserve final judgement after the release.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Peelback79
I'll definetely try the demo before buying. But my gut feeling is that 7/10's my be a bit high for this game. The main rave point for this game is the destroyable environments and buildings. The story line doesn't really grab me but a really mediocre single player game can be buyable if the multiplayer offers something unique and fun. However awesome it may be, when you deal with a lot of physics and destructible environments you're going to have l...a....g..... Which tells me that online play may consist of pretty small maps to try and help counter this.

Not 100% either way on this one. Demo's can be misleading. I'll reserve final judgement after the release.

whats the point in having a demo if it doesn't show you how the game is?
I guess we should be lucky that we got a demo at all. Most companies seem to think they aren't worthwhile. Or maybe its because they don't want people to see how shitty their games are?