**Confirmed** My 2:44 Counter-Strike NuB ownage Movie featuring music by Disturbed!

HappyFace

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
You may or may not remember this thread concerning my frequent banned status at multiple public servers. Well it's only on rare occasion that I remember to record demos of my games, but I do have a couple demos that I sifted through for movie material. A few hours later, and I've completed my very first CS newb ownage video. It's in DIVX format, 800X600 resolution and clocks in at just over 70MB.

Does anyone have extra FTP or website space they could donate?! I'd REALLY appreciate getting this thing hosted on a fast connect! :D (any connection for that matter). Being the first to see it definately gives you bragging rights.

update: Vid is hosted on Kazaa now!

Thanks!!!

Danny

HappyFace a.k.a. 7ven]+[4m

HappyFace

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
Alright, for now I have the vid hosted on Kazaa. The complete file name is: 7ven]+[4m a.k.a. HappyFace oWnz nuBy ... um this is a silly question, but I hardly ever use Kazaa. How do I find out what my user name is?

paruhd0x

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2000
Host it on Bit Torrent, much easier then having everyone leech off you. And from what I've heard, the RIAA people is logging Kazaa atm. So I wouldn't touch it with a 15 foot pole.

Occifer

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2002
Originally posted by: HappyFace
Alright, for now I have the vid hosted on Kazaa. The complete file name is: 7ven]+[4m a.k.a. HappyFace oWnz nuBy ... um this is a silly question, but I hardly ever use Kazaa. How do I find out what my user name is?

It should say "Connected as (your name) sharing x number of files" near the bottom right. I'd get the file but I don't have kazaa installed right now and I'm not going to install it to get one file. Wish I could host it for you but I haven't got the means to do it. Let me know if someone hosts it for you. I'm always in the mood for some CS pwnage :D

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: paruhd0x
Host it on Bit Torrent, much easier then having everyone leech off you. And from what I've heard, the RIAA people is logging Kazaa atm. So I wouldn't touch it with a 15 foot pole.

How do you host a BT file -- I mean how do you make a torent file, and how do you set up a tracker?

HappyFace

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
7ven]+[4m

What the hell kind of name is that?
A strange one.

Just think of it as a reverse psychology of sorts ... same as being wooped on by "Fluffy Bunny" pisses most people off, thereby causing them to play even worse. haha ... but um, it's my address. I change my name a LOT! ;)

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001

A strange one.

:D

Good answer ;)
Just think of it as a reverse psychology of sorts ... same as being wooped on by "Fluffy Bunny" pisses most people off, thereby causing them to play even worse. haha ... but um, it's my address. I change my name a LOT! ;)

You know, I actually get mad when I get killed by people with weird names. Fluffy Bunny wouldn't make me mad but "3..+*P°╫?" would make me mad.

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
Use CompleteDir to make the .torrent file, then upload the torrent to a tracker, then click on the torrent from the tracker, and point it at the file, then give us a link to the torrent :)

Confused

HappyFace

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
I can always upload through AIM too, I've had a few people dl it that way ... um and I should be up for a few more hours!

HappyFace

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
Originally posted by: Confused
Use CompleteDir to make the .torrent file, then upload the torrent to a tracker, then click on the torrent from the tracker, and point it at the file, then give us a link to the torrent :)

Confused
Yea but according to the FAQs I've read so far, it's rude to upload without permission. Where do I find 'trackers' this time of night ;) ?

BruinEd03

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001
I can always upload through AIM too, I've had a few people dl it that way ... um and I should be up for a few more hours!

what's ur sn? :)

-Ed

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Confused

Confused
Yea but according to the FAQs I've read so far, it's rude to upload without permission. Where do I find 'trackers' this time of night ;) ?

If someone still has the address for the ATOT tracker, then upload to that. I thought I had it in my bookmarks, but i don't seem to...i'll take a look and see if it's hiding in the bookmarks or history of my other computers

/me radmins into home and goes browsing around network

Confused

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
Woot, i knew i had a reason for setting the homepage of Phoenix 0.5 on my server to the ATOT BT Tracker ;)

Linky (Edit: Updated link)

Make the .torrent file and upload it there, and i'll start downloading and sharing it for ya too :)

Confused

HappyFace

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
Torrent was already made, thanks for the upload link! :D should be all set now!

edit: funny, the face on that page reminds me of the beggining of the vid.. :D

BruinEd03

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001
hm...aim transfer didn't work for me...sooo errr can anyone host it on the web or ftp? :)

-Ed

Vortex22

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2000
I keep getting "Problem connecting to tracker - connection refused" when I try to download it off that site.

Do I need some kind of permissions thing to get it?

Hossenfeffer

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
Downloaded Kazaa to try and get the vid. No luck.

Tried the Torrent link and can't seem to connect.

Color me clueless ;)

LordRaiden

Banned
Dec 10, 2002
Tried all 3 torrents, no workie. Someone got a working Torrent file or isn't this being seeded anymore?