CONFIRMED: Microsoft announced Xbox price cut in Europe: US next?

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000
Nintendo made it clear on Thursday that if there are to be price cuts, it will not be the one to initiate the move.

"It is not in our plans. We have historically not led price cuts," George Harrison, a senior vice president with Nintendo of America, told Reuters. "There is always pressure built up before E3 .... We will have to see as we get there."

I was just going to get a Gamecube...hmm...when is E3 again?

edit: The Expo is May 14-16th. I could wait a month to play Zelda :D

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Yzzim
Nintendo made it clear on Thursday that if there are to be price cuts, it will not be the one to initiate the move.

"It is not in our plans. We have historically not led price cuts," George Harrison, a senior vice president with Nintendo of America, told Reuters. "There is always pressure built up before E3 .... We will have to see as we get there."

I was just going to get a Gamecube...hmm...when is E3 again?

edit: The Expo is May 14-16th. I could wait a month to play Zelda :D

Actually, beginnig May 4th Nintendo will give away Zelda for free with GC purchase; I had posted it earlier

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
Please note that the prices here were a lot higher than in the US.

Just now it dropped to 199 Euros for an XBox, while the Euro is still worth more than a Dollar. So basically it's still more expensive here than in the US.

royaldank

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2001
Actually, beginnig May 4th Nintendo will give away Zelda for free with GC purchase; I had posted it earlier

I believe, according to other threads around here, WalMart is selling a Zelda bundle right now. It's packaged like the Mario bundle, only with Zelda inside. Not sure if you can add Metroid or one of the other free games on top.