Confirmed: Countless lives saved because of NSA Data Gathering.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
http://www.voanews.com/content/us-s...ns-about-leakers-security-access/1680625.html

NSA Chief: Surveillance Helped Stop 'Dozens' of Attacks

WASHINGTON — The head of the National Security Agency told a U.S. congressional panel on Wednesday that dozens of terrorist attacks have been prevented thanks to a recently revealed surveillance program that has raised concerns about privacy.

Gen. Keith Alexander, director of the National Security Agency, appeared before a Senate panel looking into cybersecurity threats.

But a number of senators appeared more concerned about a secret surveillance program that has been mining Americans’ telephone and Internet data.

Senator Patrick Leahy of Vermont asked the NSA chief how many attacks had been thwarted by data collected under Section 215 of the Patriot Act, which was signed into law shortly after the terrorist attacks on the United States on September 11, 2001.

Each of those attacks likely would have resulted in many deaths, for each attack we prevent many lives are saved. The NSA data gathering has already proven a success at saving countless lives from these attacks.

gevorg

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2004
even more lives can be saved by planting a RFID chip on everyone's buttocks

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
is this from the same nsa liar in chief that first denied they collected all this data, then says that was "least most untruthful" answer?

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Hey... it's the Voice Of America, a mouthpiece of the US government to the world. What kind of article were you expecting from them?

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
LOL wowwww that article was SO informative and gave SO much crucial evidence that the secret data collecting stopped "dozens" of attacks.

If this is what the OP considers "confirmed" evidence/proof, then I bet I could sell him a picture of myself in an ape costume and convince him that it's Bigfoot.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
They stopped dozens of attacks and saved countless lives. Asked for information about the plots or who they saved the govt responded with "that is confidential, you have to trust us".

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Bullshit. "Dozens" implies at least 24 terrorists attacks have been stopped because of spying on US Citizens.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
OP can't be real, even the weakest of minds desires a little freedom? Don't they? Free is our natural state, the OP is unnatural.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
because no one would ever justify the existence of their own job. and of course they can't say any details because "that's classified".

sunzt

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2003
Bullshit. "Dozens" implies at least 24 terrorists attacks have been stopped because of spying on US Citizens.

Well you can't call BS on it cause it may be true. How do you know it's not?

Unless you have the data, which the NSA does, you can't make an accurate judgement call on it.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

Unless you have the data, which the NSA does, you can't make an accurate judgement call on it.

Well of course now isnt that the issue? The NSA can make any claim they want with that type of system. I am surprised they didnt say thousands. How are we to verify it?

sunzt

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2003
Well of course now isnt that the issue? The NSA can make any claim they want with that type of system. I am surprised they didnt say thousands. How are we to verify it?

You'll have to wait until it's declassified.....

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007

They typically have realesed info when they have stopped terrorist attacks in the past and it makes the news but I seem to only remember a handful of them, certainly not 24 or 36 of them and "dozens" would imply.

sunzt

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2003
They typically have realesed info when they have stopped terrorist attacks in the past and it makes the news but I seem to only remember a handful of them, certainly not 24 or 36 of them and "dozens" would imply.

Still, doesn't mean that the dozens stopped is wrong. I mean, it's not like they are obligated to report every attack foiled. Tell the public about a few big ones once in a while and people think it's working.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Still, doesn't mean that the dozens stopped is wrong. I mean, it's not like they are obligated to report every attack foiled. Tell the public about a few big ones once in a while and people think it's working.

They're lying. It's what they do.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
About what exactly? Can you prove it?

The burden of proof is on them. They're claiming they've stopped dozens. Well let's hear about them.

It's not the citizen's job to prove a negative. They're our employees. Show us you're actually working for us.