Configuration problem with RealTemp at startup

Charlie98

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2011
RE: HTPC in sig below.

I like RealTemp to run at startup... and I have it configured to do so using Task Scheduler in W7. But, unlike my other PC's, when it starts, it doesn't remember the settings... start minimized in the tray, with the CPU and GPU core temps displayed. I have to click the settings, minimize it... and go about my business. But every time I restart... I have to go back in and reset the settings. I don't get it... :confused:

unclewebb

May 28, 2012
Delete the RealTemp.INI configuration file. This will force RealTemp to create a new one. Either that or check this file to make sure you have Read / Write access to it. If you have moved RealTemp from one directory to a different one, this file will get blocked so your settings will not be saved. It sounds like that is happening to you.

Charlie98

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2011
No dice. I even deleted it and downloaded a fresh copy to make sure. What's odd is it remembers the display typeset and colors, just none of the other stuff.

I opened the file properties between the HTPC and the Desktop to compare, and except for the file location, everything is the same, including permissions.