Condoleeza Rice 2008?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: SuperTool
Hillary will manhandle Rice like she is Paula Jones. Seriously, I don't see what the big deal about Rice is, and I am working on my degree from Stanford.
The Republicans would never nominate her anyways, cus she probably wouldn't pass all their lithmus tests.

Lithmus test? Are you sure you want to go there? ;)

CkG

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
Has everybody forgotten that the Office of the President is an administrative job? That most people elected have proven abilities at managing large organizations (A record of good or ill is open to conjecture.)? We have had the likes of: very senior military officers, state governors, former Vice Presidents, and the occasional seasoned Senator. It is a poor choice when based on race, gender, or popularity. I can't imagine the board at GM saying to the janitor "You seem to be smart, well liked and you've won the employee-of-the-month award a couple of times, so we want you to run the company. Your not being a WASP will also add luster to the company's reputation."

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: jackschmittusa
Has everybody forgotten that the Office of the President is an administrative job? That most people elected have proven abilities at managing large organizations (A record of good or ill is open to conjecture.)? We have had the likes of: very senior military officers, state governors, former Vice Presidents, and the occasional seasoned Senator. It is a poor choice when based on race, gender, or popularity. I can't imagine the board at GM saying to the janitor "You seem to be smart, well liked and you've won the employee-of-the-month award a couple of times, so we want you to run the company. Your not being a WASP will also add luster to the company's reputation."

Look at her bio that I posted earlier. She is more than qualified.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Originally posted by: jackschmittusa

Look at her bio that I posted earlier. She is more than qualified.

Why, cus she was provost at Stanford? Come on. Has she ever held public, elected office? She is an academic, something I like and respect, but that's not the same as being a leader.
I am willing to bet good money that GOP would not nominate her for president. Maybe she could run for senate in CA, or something like that.