Condemned: Criminal Origins

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I liked it. Play it late at night with the lights off and it provides pretty decent atmosphere and some good spooky moments.

KT

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
I purchased the game about a year ago(was bargain basement price) and actually thought the game was quite good,worth the bargain bin price for sure :).

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
let's say the game is pretty scary and the end game itself, while confusing can also be intriguing enough to make you search for the true point of the story. I'm glad I did so. A word of advice, nothing is what it really is in that game.

Another great effort from MONOLITH. You might also notice some of the artwork recycled from FEAR. Both share the same JUPITER engine.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Definitely worth it now. Pretty scary in parts and decent gameplay all around.

GundamSonicZeroX

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2005
Am I the only one that thinks that the signs on the doors in FEAR that said "Condemned" were an allusion to their next game, Condemned?

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
It wasn't a next game for them, it was developed as a launch title for the 360 during the same time period they developed Fear for the PC. Since then they have been working on their sequals to both.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
great game, has a few iffy parts, don't want to give up spoilers, but especially the part where he was following the trail of blood and it stops at a locker door and he says "humm dead end" and the chick on the phone tells him to look in the locker.

WHAT human, especially a police officer would follow blood down a hall up to a locker and not think to look in the locker?

I liked the game overall, I just finished it a few weeks ago. I was a bit upset at myself that I didn't figure out I had a taser gun until like 3/4th of the way thru, not sure when you get it but it sure was helpful lol.

no spoiler about the ending except I was like "OH WOW" not the very very ending but the last part of the game that lead to the ending.

I hope the sequel is on the PC. I would DEFINITELY recommend picking up this game in a bargin bin, it's kind of dark and very violent but I loved it.

GundamSonicZeroX

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2005
Originally posted by: TheSnowman
It wasn't a next game for them, it was developed as a launch title for the 360 during the same time period they developed Fear for the PC. Since then they have been working on their sequals to both.

I meant next to be released, but do you also think that those signs are an allusion?

GundamSonicZeroX

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2005
Originally posted by: TheSnowman

I meant next to be released, but do you also think that those signs are an allusion?

brandonr23

Sep 3, 2005
Originally posted by: QueBert
I was a bit upset at myself that I didn't figure out I had a taser gun until like 3/4th of the way thru, not sure when you get it but it sure was helpful lol.

I've only played about 2 hours of the game and I still completely forget about the taser..... Prolly would've saved me numerous times.

It's very engrossing so far IMO.

humanure

Dec 28, 2005
I have this installed but only played the first few minutes, looks like I'm going to have to get into it judging from the comments

imported_glacier

Dec 3, 2007
Just bought and installed this game. Played through the 1st chapter. Good ambience sounds and atmosphere....pretty scary...and engrossing as well...

Thanks for the recommendation and reminder about the taser gun! Going to play with lights off later!

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
A pretty decent game, but didn't quite live up to it's potential (which is lots tons of.) Definitely worth it at a bargain price.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
It's dark.

It's a story board thriller/action type game that's suppose to grip you. Though for me at least, I find myself most of the time figuring out if I just went in a circle and ended up back where I was instead of progressing. I like the storyboard idea but corn maze like levels and the far apart action makes it tedious for me to keep playing. Also, the whole point of the game really is to collect evidence to puzzle together a mystery. So get ready to search and do some detective work. It's a new bread of game persay in action were it involves both gun and forensics.

Just not my type of game. Parasite Eve is my limit.