Computer speaker questions

cr2250

Golden Member
Sep 4, 2005
I have bose companions for my desktop. Well I found a deal on SD for x-540s logitechs, 5.1. Would I be upgrading from my 2.1 bose as far as sound quality? I would sell the bose and pretty much break even with the logitechs.
Ill be using the speakers for gaming, music, movies etc...
opinions?

Mar 15, 2003
I have bose companions for my desktop. Well I found a deal on SD for x-540s logitechs, 5.1. Would I be upgrading from my 2.1 bose as far as sound quality? I would sell the bose and pretty much break even with the logitechs.
Ill be using the speakers for gaming, music, movies etc...
opinions?

A) "WRONG FORUM!"
B) "BOSE SUCKS"

or

C) The bose 2.1s are actually pretty decent 2.1s. Overpriced, for sure, but they still sound good. tHE X-540s are mediocre to decent 5.1s. The bose will be better for music, but 5.1s are nice for gaming and movies.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
oops the bose aren't 2.1's
there is no subwoofer

2.1 is basically 2 channel stereo. Which Companion model? Companion 3 have subwoofers,

I suppose this could be an Audio/Video thread - but as postulated, it is also a peripherals one. :)

I think you would be better off with the Logitech 5.1's.

Last edited:

unfalliblekrutch

Golden Member
May 2, 2005
which bose companions do you have, OP?

The logitech 540s are at best a sidegrade, so unless you really want a 5.1 set, wait til you have more money to spend on speakers and actually upgrade

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
yea, bose is basically double the price of equivalent quality without bose markup:p

that being said, the 540's are low end. you wouldnt be upgrading, you'd be throwing money away.

now if you have sh*tty companion 2 speakers .. yea sure anythings better than that. but if you want quality sound you should invest a little more. the 540's give you 5 low quality surround sats. you don't get somethin for nothin. buy right the first time. waste less money over all that way, these things last for years.